Forum:Invention Batch 2
There's been a couple of ideas for April Fools Day this year, my favourite of which is making Invention batch 2 come to the wiki for a day. Me and Coel came up with a few ideas, making the form of new tech trees:
- Gnome tech tree, unlocked by talking to Yewnock. Inventions include the Porta-Glider (a portable gnome glider) and the Anima Restorer (revives dead crops).
- Fairy tech tree, unlocked by talking to Fairy Fixit. Inventions include Impling Attractor (attracts implings to you) and the Fairy Ring Teleport (teleports to Zanaris' fairy ring).
If we could come up with a fake news post for the update namespace along with a few more items along with their pages (plus a navbox to make it even more convincing) I think we'd be pretty much there. cqm 23:31, 17 Mar 2017 (UTC) (UTC)
P.S. This is hidden on the main page to avoid too many people finding it.
|To be filled out.|
|To be filled out.|
- Impling Attractor
- Fairy ring Teleport
- Anima Restorer
- More ...
- Improved XP at higher item levels
- Ability to add more gizmos to items
- Can now augment capes and helmets
- More ...
Suggestions - Update pages usually don't go into explicit detail about every new piece of the mechanis for big updates, so you don't have to completely flesh out a whole thing, just stating "as an example" or "for instance". As such I have a few more to throw down:
- Augmented Object Benefits up to Lv20 include:
- Disassemble at L20 for like 3M xp
- Ability to add an extra gizmo
- Some other things like augmentable helmets or capes
- All sorts of new components like Blighted Components, Guthix Components, or Otherworldly Components (things like these could probably work better without any extra context)
- Ability to craft some TH objects via invention (jagex would kek)
EXTREME WFS-LEVEL SUPPORT Ok, I have a lot of idea, since we found many unused perks icon in the cache (http://imgur.com/9bympX4), i could also photoshop these weapons combinaisons that were supossed to be a thing.
Perk ideas: (based on unused icons)
- Falling: Have a random chance of getting damage when using a staircase.
- Breaded, your melee weapon stats have become equivalent a bronze sword.
- Rattatouille: have a random chance of spawning a rat when doing combat.
- Polaris: All enemies are agressive because reasons.
- Magical: Your weapon have a chance to get back to your bank.
- Explosive: When you drop your weapon/when it degreade it create an explotion that hit you and monsters around.
- Weighty: You get fps drop depending of your weight.è
- Torn:When you manage to block an ennemy attack you can get some little damage from your armour.
- Lit: Your weapon is now a light source.
- Resourceful:You have a chance to have the double of a ressource but without xp drop.
- Wasteless: Spped up slight abilities waiting.
- Coinfull:Have a chance to get 1k while killing a monster.
- Poisonless: Makes poison duration last less longer.
- Dizzy: While in combat, your might be a little dizzy.
- Reflective: There is a chance that when an ennemy attack, the attack is redirected to him.
The wording might be to reword tho.
23:55, March 17, 2017 (UTC)
- Looking through the unused icons we could have:
- Alchemy (the bubbling vial) - Chance of a drop being converted to coins (weapon and armour)
- Dazzling (the sun) - Chance of you blinding your target causing them to miss a turn (weapon and armour)
- Magnetism (the magnet) - Chance of your drop being automatically picked up (armour)
- Atheism (the prayer icon with the down arrow) - Increases prayer drain (weapon and armour).
- Targeted (the crosshairs with a plus) - Increases accuracy (with each item level?) (weapon).
- Gambling (the dice) - Chance of an RDT drop replacing a normal drop (weapon and armour).
- Industrial (the pickaxe and axe) - Increase gathering speed (tool).
- Ideally, I'd like to pad out the tool perks a bit more. Combat perks don't seem too tricky to come up with. We may want to add a few components in as well to be unlocked by the tech trees. cqm 01:46, 18 Mar 2017 (UTC) (UTC)
Other Suggestions Fairy - On the Fritz - When equipped to a Tool, you gain combat xp. When equipped to a weapon, you gain skilling XP. When equipped to Armor, your pet gains Slayer and Agility XP. Whatever you equip, you lose Dungeoneering XP. --Deltaslug (talk) 05:23, March 18, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - Logically these new tech trees wouldn't get their own navbox. The "new" perks would go on, components on , devices on , etc. So I'm assuming you meant that? 21:42, March 18, 2017 (UTC)