Well, for the last few days I've been thinking over if it was a good idea to have a category for "images in need of editing" finally decided to bring it here. My idea:
Category Well, the biggest part of my idea is the category, is for explanation's sake, being suggested due to me, and other people using wiki, not being able to edit images themselves and relying on posting "hey can you edit this?" on someones user talk. While that might not seem bad, it can be annoying for the person to get right to it if they're busy, or if not on, and by the time they get there it's already been edited. However a category for this would mean any editor could go there at their convenience and edit it, and it's easier to just click the "add category" than trying to hunt out the editors out. I've been debating over name so far "Needs editing" seems to the point without much length.
Wikiguild If need be, a guild can be needed, "Artists United" was only title I could think of, the guild would be into 2 sections, Editors and Taggers, Editors obviously edit, and taggers would tag images for editors. If anyone supports this idea, and is an editor I'll hand over the rights to creating the guild to them, as the guild should be run by an editor.
Bot...? I highly doubt a bot is needed for anything in this but, if needed, the idea is out there.
Well that about wraps it up, hopefully someone managed to read it all through my rambling; bare in mind you can just support any of my suggestions without supporting all.01:00, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Just a quick point about what you write. "...and is an editor I'll hand over the rights to creating the guild to them, as the guild should be run by an editor...."
- Starting a guild gives no one any more rights or powers than anyone else. At all. Ever. Nothing on this wiki that is a group project is run by one person. EVERYTHING on this wiki is collaboration. Granted, there are many people who do a lot more on certain projects than others, but that gives them no authority at all whatsoever. Not on this wiki.--Degenret01 03:56, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- While true I stated that in hopes someone would create the guild if they seen not feel the need to hold back as someone else came up with it, all in all I admit perhaps I didn't pick out wording correctly 04:51, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Comment Wouldn't a cleanup tag with the specific reason cover this? Many editors search out articles needing cleanup that are so tagged.--Degenret01 03:56, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- If need be that would work. 04:51, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Question - What other types of image editing do you have in mind? We already have tags for cropping and transparency that seem to work pretty well. I don't think we want to have the images edited much more than that, right?04:29, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- An excellent question, I find, if nothing else, a "retake" or some such tag might be useful if this thread exists for nothing more. IE if a picture is at a bad angle or small tag it with it to try and improve it, by getting a larger view or better angle.
04:51, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Support - Thanks for answering my question. That sounds good we could have a retake template or something similar and allow for a tagger to give a reason for wanting a retake (bad angle, image too small, or the like). It would be handy if you stumble across an image that needs a retake and you can't get the image right then. 22:22, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
Support - The more focus and attention being brought to images the better, IMHO. --Fruit.Smoothie 07:11, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - Is this not what the Image Maintenance project is for? 21:44, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- See also: Category:Tagged images and subcategories. 21:45, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Comet - I think it would better suit your interests to suggest a series of new templates, akin toand the like. 22:10, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Support - ^. Although did you mean: "Comment" instead of "Comet"? Hello71 02:24, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Psycho is known for doing that. He even did a "notice of banana". Oil4 Talk 21:47, December 26, 2009 (UTC)