I have rewritten RSHighscores to fix bugs and add a few features, before I send it to Wikia for review I would like feedback, feature requests, and bug reports, all of which will hopefully be fixed in the new version.
Changes in this version:
- The limit has been bumped to two by default, which will allow comparing two players.
- An cache has been added, so repeated calls can be used, the workaround using the Variables extension will not longer be needed.
- The broken response codes have been replaced by:
- If 0 is returned, then no name was entered.
- If 1 is returned, then the player could not be found.
- If 2 is returned, then an error occurred.
- If 3 is returned, then the highscores parser function limit was reached.
- If 4 is returned, then the skill does not exist.
- If 5 is returned, then the type does not exist.
- Changed naming from RSHighscores to RSHiscores to be consistent with Jagex.
- Removes the newlines in the raw string, so the current workarounds will be no longer be needed.
- Due to the incompatible changes and for naming consistency with Jagex, the parser function is renamed
- Moved most functionality of ParseHiscoreData to the extension, however, a Template:Hs template will be created to map skill and type names to the position; this allows the extension to be forward compatible with new skills and fields immediately rather than waiting for new versions of the extension.
- Updated again at 03:21, April 4, 2010 (UTC) - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 03:21, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Updated again at 17:14, April 6, 2010 (UTC) - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 17:14, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Finally my calculators will work more smoothly! Thanks alot!03:50, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
Notice of intent - Unless feedback is received or issues are found, then tomorrow I will send the changes to Wikia for review. This thread will remain open to inform the community of when it is accepted and when the changes to calcs can start. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 17:14, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think there's much to say. The work you do is excellent Oil4 Talk 20:42, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Sent for review - I have sent the version in for review sincerely with detailed explanation of most of the changes, so hopefully the changes will soon be made, although following Wikia schedule I doubt the changes will be made until next week, but I will inform here as I find out new information. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 17:07, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
Success - The update will go live next Wednesday and I have prepared a template, which I will try and roll out on all existing uses that will switch to the new parser function automatically and then, support for the old parser function can then be removed from the template. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 17:20, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - Wikia updated a day early, but I fixed the calcs we already have in use, however, I didn't fix the calcs within user namespace. This thread has lived its purpose, so closing. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 21:39, April 13, 2010 (UTC)