I am proposing that all forum administrators receive a new hilite on their name. They have attained a successful RfA, such as all other administrators and have been recognized by the community as one who deserves these rights, so to address them as one with these rights, and to compare themselves to the other admins who have colored hilites, I propose them getting the same. Perhaps Bonziiznob as an example.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions!
20:54, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support - As proposer
- Comment: I've been away for a long time so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. But by "forum administrators" do you mean our regular sysops or is there a new mod for the Yew Grove or something? (Or do you mean official RS Forum mods?) Also, holy crap, this page needs archiving. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 20:58, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - why do we need to highlight forum admins on the wiki when they have no powers here? They only have tools on the forums. Also, we already use pink to highlight helpers. Andrew talk 21:03, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- I asked Wikia to add the ability for bureaucrats to add forum admin using the user rights page a month or so ago. Forum Admins can moderate the forums, as well as create stickys and polls. I oppose hiliting them because forum admins do not have any admin abilities on the wiki itself. 21:05, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Yeah, it does kinda look pink, but I was aiming for purple. Why would we allow an RfF, they are still our users what have gone through a community decision to attain these rights therefore they do have direct power that has been given by this wiki. Although they do not contribute to articles or such with sysops abilities, they are still admins...even the clan chat gives them the same rank as a sysops...
- I support, as it is still an elevated user right. Rollbacks should be highlighted as well.
- Comment - Forum Admin is an elevated user right on the forums, not the wiki. Also, why would we need to highlight rollbacks? Andrew talk 21:14, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Me too, I oppose the rollback hilite..it would start to look like a rainbow on the recent changes...
I oppose this idea per reasons stated above, and oppose the idea of hilighted rollbacks. It seems to me that the coloured names provide a guidance for those who may have questions. Highlighting everyone might not be a good idea. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 21:20, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Now that you put it that way, I change to oppose. It wouldn't be very helpful to ask a forumadmin about editing.
21:30, 30 January 2009 (UTC) Okay, I close this then, because it seems anonymous that it's not wanted. I will move this to the archives.
21:46, 30 January 2009 (UTC)