Forum:Helping dead requests
I'm not the greatest of guys for chatting on and writing a twenty thousand page essay for what I'm proposing here. It's only a minor thing, so I feel it just needs a mention on here and a bit of consensus to push it through, especially since someone will devour my soul or something if I try to be bold.
This small issue is just the unawareness of certain requests for different areas of the wiki, such as the requests for ranks and requests for chat moderators. It's clear that as of recent, unless there's a huge batch of requests, some requests are made and just are left to rot until someone mentions it days or weeks later.
I'm just proposing, that on the Community portal page, in the users section where we currently have the RfA table, that we can add more tables like this for RfRs, RfCMs and RfETs when applicable.
Thoughts?18:42, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I do, although they're very hidden... I'ld rather them being in a large, visible table with each person's active nomination in
19:00, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- That would make the page twice as long. They're not hidden at all, there's a clear link and description for each type of request. Also, I disagree with the main reason you put forward for this proposal; as far as I can remember, nearly every single RfCM and RfR as of late has received more than enough discussion. This batch of RfETs have been much quieter than those before them, but a table for each and every candidate on a page that no one uses is not the answer.
- I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to point at here, see on the community portal page, how Zamorak's RfB is listed? I was thinking more like that, heck no to having god knows how much space to actually HOLD the discussion. 20:25, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Ditto. --LiquidTalk 19:13, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I've always used it as a central point to check out stuff that needs checking out :o 20:25, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
Comment, I think that a more beneficial way of doing this would be to consolidate pages, particularily the user rights requesting pages. Have one page for requesting sysop, chatmod and crat. ajr 19:19, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- The problem is that this would overly complicate a single page. The requirements for sysop/bureaucrat are pretty different from those for chat moderator. --LiquidTalk 21:02, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
- The bigger problem is that there is too much pointless stuff on the RfA page as it is. If we combined all three requests onto one page, and got rid of the masses of textwalls that nobody reads or cares about, then it might just work. Not saying that the other junk needs to completely go, but perhaps it could be moved to /guide or something. ajr 21:32, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
Comment - Ajr and Henney have probably put what I'm trying to get across a little more clearer, we need a central of some sort for requests for tools just like we have for Page Maintenance, and just have it well linked around the wiki. This would just help promote some activity into some of the lesser discussed tool requests.22:50, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
Hair 18:58, December 23, 2011 (UTC)