Forum:Handling the Combat Improvements Beta
I'm honestly surprised that Jagex has gone ahead and started another combat beta. Luckily for us, this isn't as huge as the last one, and I think we've already got a clean way of handling it.
It looks like there is going to be no large scale change (at least not like the last one), so I think we can safely host all the new information in the Mainspace. I see nothing about stat changes, so we're good there; however, this is subject to change.
For now, it looks like we don't need to reuse the beta namespace, so here's the plan:
- New pages about features in the beta will be put in the mainspace
- Special attacks are back, these will go back on their respective weapons' pages in a new section titled ==Special Attack==
- Ability changes - Looks like momentum is getting an upgrade, probably others too; I think the best way to do this is host the information in a section called ==Beta Improvements==
- Miscellaneous changes - information that is otherwise homeless should be hosted on Combat Improvements Beta, the main article
For all of these, use the new templateat the top of the new pages or under the header to make note that this is information from the beta.
I don't think this change is going to be large enough to constitute a new namespace again, but that could very well change. Let's hope it doesn't. MolMan 12:11, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Comment - Just a small change: the "Special Attack" section should be "Special attack" without the capitalised A, and "Beta Improvements" should be "Beta improvements".03:03, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
- What Az said. 03:10, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
Comment - Unfortunately, it seems we may end up having to use the beta namespace/edit a LOT of pages... the old "138" combat formula might return. -- 15:21, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- As stated in that post itself, that's unofficial, so nothing to worry about, but I'm not going to completely discard it as a possibility. I want to avoid creating another namespace as much as possible. If all we can expect to change is combat level, it'd be much more practical for us to just add a new parameter to the monster infobox. MolMan 15:36, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- As it turns out, it was worse than I anticipated. 10:28, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
Soooo... Legacy Mode. I say we ignore it (besides giving it an article) and have all articles refer to EOC, as that's the default and better combat system.10:28, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I'd like to keep this forum as a Notice forum. Any discussion about legacy mode can be had at Forum:Pre-EoC combat. MolMan 16:31, January 31, 2014 (UTC)