Forum:Gnome Restaurant project
I've noticed that our articles on the food products from the Gnome Restaurant minigame are quite lacking. We do not even have seperate articles for the premade versions of the food you can buy from Gnome Waiters. Instead, we merely have pages about the player-made versions.
Another example is that the Worm batta article doesn't give any information whatsoever on how to actually make a worm batta. It only gives the bare basics that I'd expect from an article fifteen minutes old. The same goes for Pineapple punch, Additionally, the cocktail articles are very inconsistent in the layout of the instructions for creating the cocktails. Compare Choc saturday to Drunk dragon, Blurberry special and then Short green guy. Worm crunchies doesn't even provide the amount of experience given.
The point of this thread is to create a new project aimed at improving our terrible Gnome food-related pages. This would probably become a WikiGuild, and I'd like to know how many people would be interested in a project of this nature.
Support - Yes, these articles do seem quite lacking, especially considering what they should have in them. It's not like it would be that hard to expand these to their fullest - for the food items, all they really need is level to make, experience, ingredients, and a few other things. Kudos 2 U Talk! Edit count! Contribs! 12:07, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Support - Mm, they are rather inconsistent and could definitely be expanded. It looks like some of the articles have the instructions in a paragraph format; I think putting them in a list format would make them easier to read.22:42, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Support - Per all. Fruit.Smoothie 03:49, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
Support - Gnome food seems to be one of the "forgotten aspects" of the game - one of the things that is so far removed from the public eye.15:04, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
Epic Support - I noticed that whilst playing the minigame. It is my favorite mini, and IT NEEDS OUR HELP!--Cheers,01:56, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Support I've also noticed they are crummy. I've edited some items when I could, such as the vegetable batta. There are so many, though! EDIT: In the vegetable batta article, I tried making a little visual aid as to what is needed for a vegetable batta. I think it might be nice to have a table with all the Gnome Restaurant items this way. I don't know how to get rid of the spacing problems, though. Help! --Agamemnus 02:00, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I've been playing this game alot recently, for mint cakes and gnome scarfs (those fools on the forum will buy mints for 22m if junk is traded. FTW.) I'd love to help out, as I've used these articles to help me when I first started playing, I noticed that they kinda... suck. I think a good place to start out would be to create a template containing:
- A table which lists (in columns):
- The inventory item for an ingredient
- The name of an ingredient
- The GEMW price of an ingredient
- Whether or not it's primary or secondary in the dish
This template would be used on all of the gnome food and cocktail pages.09:42, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Support Diriz's idea P.S. I agree they are fools, but fools make us rich. :-) - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 18:30, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
Support I can help out with ingredients, I pretty much have them memorized. Floppyc5 18:50, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I'm sad to see the articles relating to such an awesome minigame so poor Expanding on Diriz's idea, here's an example table (using Blurberry special, the most complex, especially):
Just the basis of an idea we can improve upon.
All of the foods/cocktails follow that sort of style - some don't have anything to finish, some cocktails need heat, but generally the same - so something like this is probably best.
- Comment That looks really nice! But should we also have screenshots of each food's page in their respective books? scooties 20:36, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- Comment That's a little too complicated... the point of these tables would probably be to show how to make it quickly, and there's just way too much data in that table. (the formatting is great though; it could be used in some other way?) Have a look at what I did for vegetable batta (I can't get rid of the extra table spaces--very frustrating! Help!). I would like to make a large table with all the Gnome Restaurant items in this format for a quick lookup. (maybe icon-links-to-ingredients, instead of links-to-image file, too?) --Agamemnus 07:41, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
- A quick-reference style table is as Gnome cooking - could maybe use some work but is functional (practically a copy of the Game Guide page).
- All of the above items link to the item page, not the file page.
- Maybe something like this:
|Step 2||→ +|
<insert the above table here>
- Also added the tool needed to the above table. 15:54, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Both idea are great, Gazica! I'm so happy to see that my one time playing Restaurant and discussing it in the cc got everyone so.... active in that same game!--Cheers,23:55, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Unanimous support, so Telos, please go ahead and create your wikiguild. It seems that again we are drifting towards the discussion about the articles rather than the project. Cheers, Chicken7 >talk 03:23, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
*Creates WikiGuild* - Since everybody supported, the Gnome Restaurant WikiGuild has now been created and we can further discuss a consistent layout there. I request for this to be archived, as the WikiGuild is now active and the changes we intend to implement can be discussed there. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 07:34, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT: Oh, and can an admin add to the sitenotice a message that the Gnome Restaurant WikiGuild is now active? ~ Sentry Telos Talk 07:46, January 8, 2010 (UTC)