Forum:Eastern Autumn Wikifest '10 Review
In my opinion the new split Wikifest went quite well, considering we had a smaller userbase than previously. This thread is to discuss the successfulness of the Eastern Autumn Wikifest '10 so we can identify things we can improve on and continue on any notable successes we achieved.
A few pros and cons I have personally identified are below:
- The CC was unmuted later on during the fest, this did not cause any major issues and the attendees had the courtesy to not spam as well as remain silent during announcments. I think we can continue with an unmuted CC in the smaller fest (Eastern) next time.
- The attendees reached the patch at different times due to User:Evil1888's great hiding spot which stumped everyone but User:Ryan PM. The picking went fine, there were more cabbages to go around though, making them easier to pick because of the smaller amount of people. We then took a human train to the Grand Exchange, lead by User:BIob (AgileBaby) who threw in a few loops, turns and back-steps which had a great visual effect on the line. The bombing went fine too. The lack of members didn't lower the amount of cabbages dropped much, they still covered the Grand Exchange. Some non-wikians were also picking up dropped cabbages...
- Judging by many vibes in the CC, Hunt and Seek (Seek and Hunt, more like) was not that great a success. The hiders were sometimes attacked by other clans in the FFA portal as well as single high-level players.
- Clan Wars was another let-down. With no previous planning for opponents, we had to rely on wikians randomly challenging other people in a very crowded Clan Wars area. This led to "fights" against single players (that happpened at least twice) as well as not very enjoyable warring.
- The Costume Contest I did not attend, so I request my fellow fest mods to add a section here.
- The Group Photo taking was also a success, but took a while to organise, mainly due to the wizard and a nub who refused to sit down .
- Setting fire to the GE was not as great a success as cabbage bombing, mostly due to a lack of people as well as the poor aerodynamics of origami balloons.
- We were also unlucky to have a breakdown of communication in the hours leading up to the fest. Luckily, everything worked out and the fest continued as normal.
A couple more...
- The timetable should be made a little more flexible in future.
- Continuing from above, a "backup" event could be created in-case we finish early. Or we could just let everyone go to bed early.
07:18, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
The Western Wikifest may be able to use some tips provided by this thread in their later fest.
Congratulations to the Costume Contest winners and the wikians who found and killed Pharos (RSW TANK) and Evil1888. I would also like to congratulate the crowd at clan wars for their ability to spam out the entire chat bar in less than a second .
Finally, thank you the fest planners and moderators and all who attended for a enjoyable evening. The split wikifests appear to be successful and I look forward to Winter (Summer for me.)
It would also be nice if my fellow mods added some comments and opinions themselves on the fest.
Wikifest Group Photo
File:Eastern_Autumn_Wikifest_10_group_photo_unofficial.png|thumb|300px|left|The Easter Autumn '10 Wikfest group photo
From left to right, top to bottom
Please add your username if you are in this photo.
Leave any comments in the discussion section, not here.
rodo232, Rwojy (Standing)
Degenret01 (Facing a different direction), Chicken7, Unknown, Martyr Wyrm
Unknown, Bluesonic43, Thebrains222, Unknown
Unknown, Unknown, willwill, BIob
Calebchiam (Standing), Pharos, Frede173, Evil1888
4 i am King, Wristwatch, Unknown, Unknown
Group Photo Discussion/Comments
WTF happened to my arms!!! - Evil1888
Lol maybe we should stay there for a while next time so we can retake the picture if stuff goes wrong...? E.g. Degen glitching into different positions on everyone's computer, Evil's amputation via graphics messing up and Rwojy standing. - [Pharos] 13:08, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
The winner of the Costume Contest was Wristwatch (Wristwatch2) with the costume pictured below.
Runner up was BIob (AgileBabe) Pictured above, third from the bottom, on the right.
Cabbage Patch + Grand Exchange Bombing - The attendees reached the patch at different times due to User:Evil1888's l33t hiding skills. The picking went fine, there were more cabbages to go around though, making them easier to pick because of the smaller amount of people. We then took a human train to the Grand Exchange, lead by User:BIob (AgileBaby) who threw in a few loops, turns and back-steps which had a great visual effect on the line. The bombing went fine too. The lack of members didn't lower the amount of cabbages dropped much, they still covered the Grand Exchange. Some non-wiki ans were also picking up dropped cabbages...(I'm sure its a very good money making method 0_o) - [Pharos] 09:28, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hunt n' Seek - Next time we need to have the hiders in a different clan and then use the Clan war portal. This lets us control the players inside, the settings and use a better map with more hiding spots. - [Pharos] 09:33, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Clan Wars - People were challenging randoms which either had us versing single players or high-leveled clans. in future, attempt to challenge clans that are advertising "All join L33t-hax-pro!" and remember to set the melee, ranged and magic attack setting to "on" and the food setting to "off" >.< - [Pharos] 09:33, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Burn the G.E - The colours of the blue and white logs made for a great effect, the origami less so as it was done by everyone at different times and completely out of sync - [Pharos] 09:36, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Spam Noob - I was kinda spamming the muted chat. Not on purpose of-course but yeah... Also, did the guy that was spamming at Clan Wars come back or did he stay blocked out? - [Pharos] 09:38, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Spam Noob It was me.. Cardinal Pwn, but now i've changed my name to Martyr Wyrm, and yes I went back in and I was in time for the group photo :D i didn't noe that i couldn't say that.. it wasn't spamming, i just type fast.. that's all lol.
- I think you can take out the part about Evil's l33t skills...and the bit about money making.... - [Pharos] 10:04, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Photo Comment - Cant you upload the photo to the wiki just like the costume winners uploaded theirs? Then we can update it with names of wikians and stuff. - [Pharos] 10:06, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I'm allowed as this isn't the official one. 222 talk 10:11, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- BTW we need to get everyone into the same "sitting" position next time. Some are cross legged and some are leaning backwards. - [Pharos] 10:21, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
File:Eastern Autumn fest '10 group.png File:Eastern Autumn fest '10 group 2.png File:Cabbage bombing east-autumn-2010.png
Comment - That was a good one. I've captured this photo of the group photo http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/323/wikifestgroupphoto.jpg 14:25, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
what the... I was facing the same way as everyone else, but in every pic I am facing a diff direction...I don't get it at all. Okay, on to other stuff. The 20 on 1 clan wars was amusing for a round or two, so we should keep it but be prepared to move on early if there is no real clan to fight. We just need to have a flexible time schedule, at whom ever is running its discretion. The costume contest can have 5-10 minutes taken off, I was trying to drag it out to make it last the whole 20 minutes. Costume contest runner up as parade leader from cabbage field to GE seemed a good idea, we should keep that. For burning the GE there was a lack of coordination/participation. It would go off much better next time if we could nail that down. Since so few people did origami, we should concentrate those people in one area for a better effect. I did think the fires part worked nicely.--Degenret01 14:46, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Moved the image up to the gallery after a name change. --Stelercus 21:39, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
WTF - What happened to my arms in the pic!!! I'm an amputee!!!03:45, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
^ And that's a bad thing because... ?
01:23, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Have you tried to play RS with stubs, you get pwn'd by everyone... 00:46, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - Thanks to those who attended.18:41, September 16, 2010 (UTC)