Forum:Do we really need a grimy and clean page for each herb?
Please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong - first time to the Yew Grove...
Anyway, wondering why we have two separate pages for grimy and clean herbs? We have the same pages for Summoning scrolls and pouches. Herbs and grimy herbs are basically the same! Not only does it clutter up the place, it makes it more confusing. It's nice being able to compare the two on one page (sorry if that doesn't make any sense but..)
I know it's not that much but it does really irk me (along with raw and cooked fish having separate pages, but that's a battle for another day..)
-- 04:48, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- See RuneScape:Granularity. 04:51, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, but under that same procedure, shouldn't the Summoning scrolls and pouches be separate? Grimy and clean herbs are far more similar than Summoning scrolls and pouches. Reading through the argument over this, Granularity doesn't apply (as this is a move not an item). The pages all seem to be short enough to merge into one and it is easier to read. It's logical to have them on one page, as they are simply different forms of the same item. I get the idea about raw and cooked food, but this is a different argument again. -- 05:08, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - You're asking "why". I think RS:UH would be a better place for this. Matt (t) 05:10, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, that's just me being shy. What I mean, is that would it be in the better interest of the Wiki to merge these? Obviously I believe it is but I'm not allowed to do anything by myself without getting everything reverted. -- 05:13, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - What Evil said. But lets go through the test there:
- Does item A have the same purpose/use as item B?
- Can item A be substituted with item B?
- Not exactly, clean and grimy herbs have different uses. Grimy herbs are pretty useless unless they are cleaned, which opens up a vast array of possibilities.
- No. Grimy herbs cannot be used to make potions, as an example.
Oppose - We have a very clear policy for situations like this. However I will agree that our apparent exception for summoning scrolls and pouches is somewhat confusing. If it is any help to you, the discussion in which it was decided to merge them can be found here. 05:32, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Um, okay. It seems that it's just me that it irks. Umm, how do I close this? Yes, I'm new to the Yew Grove. -- 06:04, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Just type '''Withdrawn''' - ~~~~ and an admin should close and archive it. Matt (t) 06:18, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- (edit conflict x3) Well, based on consensus here. Non-sysops are not allowed to close YG threads. However, I'm guessing that a sysop will close this very soon. Request closure - Author request. I got edit conflicted so many times I could never say that... 222 talk 06:20, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - Its better to use06:19, September 27, 2010 (UTC)