Forum:Distractions and Diversions - Minigame(s) or its own entity or what?
Where should D&D, and its items, be categorized?
Discussion below moved from my talk page. Mamabear47 01:24, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
I've noticed that you had put in some of the items (if not all) of the items in Category:Distractions and Diversions into [[:Category:Minigame items]].
See this page: [http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=manual RS Game Guide]. Notice that "Distractions and Diversions" has a different section from "Minigames"?
06:56, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Where do you think they fit? Mamabear47 18:03, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Since D&D is a separate feature by itself, they do not fit anywhere else. This is the reason I categorised the items in the Category:Distractions and Diversions. But adding them into [[:Category:Minigame items]] was wrong, if you ask me, since they are NOT minigame items. 18:13, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
Umm, I don't think so.. The Game Guide still shows the D&D as a separate feature. And, the D&D icon in-game is yellow, while the minigame icon is red. See the Icon page, and the image to the right. 14:00, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
This is not a decision either you or I will make. This decision should be made by the community as a whole, and as such, this discussion should not be on my user talk page. It should be on the D&D page or Minigame items page. I think you must not have clicked my link to Minigame since D&D is listed there now.
I have no idea where it should go ultimately. My vote is for minigame, but I'll go along with whatever gets decided. And I'm not going to discuss it further here. I wish an admin would move this section off my page and to an appropriate venue. Mamabear47 23:25, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- You may move this to the Yew Grove.-- 23:31, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Without giving it to much thought or reading everything about it (just a fast read through) I thought it was one update with three new minigames under one main name. But if Jagex has it separate, we should also since we try to keep things as lined up and orderly as Jagex does.--Degenret01 08:34, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- The link in the Minigame article has been removed since it is clearly not a minigame. I think I've provided sufficient proof that they are not minigames, but a separate feature. Icons are different (yellow instead of the usual red), the Game Guide has it under a different section, and not under the Minigames section. 09:14, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
So are you going to give D&D its own link off main page? That would be cool, it needs it. Every time I wanted to find the list of impact site it took like 6 clicks (starting from recent changes, that's my shortcut link [I finally added it to bookmarks, but I am sure many people haven't]).--Varthlokkur 10:44, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've added it under "Popular articles" section. 14:11, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
I really think Jagex gave it a different color solely so they could mark the ticket dispenser on the world map and have it distinct from the other minigame icons, and they're really each a minigame - BUT I agree we should be organized the same way as the game, or it becomes impossible to find anything. I do wish Jagex would not make little islands of content that are hard to link in to the rest of the knowledgebase.
And, when does this decision become final and we know to start moving things or reclassifying? Looks like we're not having a vote since it's a "match the game format" thing? How do we know when the decision is official? (Sorry for the noob questions, it's the first yew grove thing I've been involved in.) Mamabear47 20:55, 19 October 2008 (UTC)