Hi; short thing:
I'd like a general consensus on how to case acronym titles. Yes, the style guide says not to use block capitals, but that's not a rule to follow blindly and acronyms are an instance where it could make sense to use all caps.
Currently, we have examples of both presentable options (take a look through this). I believe we could use some consistency, so here are the 2 options:
- BLOCK CASING - all letters are capitalised
- Standard - only the first letter is capitalised
Whatever the case (LOL I get it), I'd like the style guide to be updated to reflect what's decided on here to be the standard for any and all future disambiguating acronyms.
I prefer BLOCK CASING for the acronyms. Also, that's what Wikipedia does. We're Wikipedia, right? MolMan 21:15, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Comment - Using block capitals would be fine, but the chat is RS automatically uncapitalises anything that isn't the first letter. So GGS would become Ggs (representing group gatestone). Kind of makes it harder to pick between the two. cqm 21:43, 13 Mar 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
- Well, it should be a given that all disambiguations would have standard casing titles to redirect to it. If that helps ease you. MolMan 21:44, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Comment - What about "RotM", "TBoD" or "FToaDD"?06:36, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Those are redirects, not disambiguations you silly filly. I doubt we'll ever have to worry about multiple pages having the exact same prepositions in the exact same spot; either way, just case em all the same. MolMan 18:37, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Either or. MolMan 18:37, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- ok Ronan Talk 18:18, March 14, 2013 (UTC)