It came up in the clan chat the other day that we dont have diplomacy or ambassadorship with the other fansites.....and that we could start a diplomatic front to represent the wiki in interactions with other fansites and possibly jagex themselves. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mythbusterma (talk) on 17:31, 8 April 2010.
omg sorry forgot to sign
23:35, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - If you are recommending creating some kind of group that will deal with relations with other fansites, I think that'd be a violation of RS:CONSENSUS. If fansites wish to present something to us, or vice versa, it should be done here where ALL the community can comment. I personally have created accounts on most major RS fansites, if the need ever pops up in the future. Just yesterday I was chatting with the people in the RHQ cc. They were friendly, and actually were very interested about how wiki software works. Chicken7 >talk 00:04, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - The designation of special diplomats/ambassadors would also be a violation of RS:AEAE. It was made pretty clear to me in Forum:Wikifest Committee that the wiki does not have special titles. --LiquidTalk 00:07, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Here's a previous discussion that pertains to this, but mostly in terms of relations with Jagex and not other fansites. We decided to leave it to Jagex to contact us if they felt the need to. 00:24, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Response - Hmmmmm...........we do need SOMEONE to represent the wiki......
01:19, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- For what purpose? HaloTalk 01:20, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh whatever..... 01:21, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) User:Azaz129/A note about Bureaucrats. Bureaucrats are the ones most likely to represent the wiki in an official capacity, according to Azaz. --LiquidTalk 01:21, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- violate RS:AEAE right there 01:35, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- No, appointing members to represent us would be violating RS:AEAE. HaloTalk 01:37, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Both do actually
16:24, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- That's like saying that nobody should be able to ban vandals because that would be in violation of AEAE. That's a pitiful argument, because the point is: the job has to be done, and 'crats and sysops are users who step it to get it done, but their opinion is worth just as much as any other user's. Somebody has to do it, 'crats and sysops are the logical candidates as we know they are respectable and helpful people (in most every case.) HaloTalk 19:59, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - We already have this. If a website wants to affiliate with us, we make a YG thread and deal with it. We haven't got Jagex affiliation - they refuse to tell us why they disapprove of us. There is no need for a "diplomatic front". It's not like all fan sites are at war with each other or something... Oil4 Talk 16:41, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Request for closure - It seems as though the community hates the idea.....
23:33, April 10, 2010 (UTC)