Forum:Consistency in task set images
While looking at how much work would be needed to move some files to a more fitting name, I noticed an inconsistency in how task set images are named and used.
For the task set equipped image names, the last four of which are what sparked this thread, we have:
- File:Easy task set equipped (male).png
- File:Easy task set equipped (female).png
- File:Medium task set equipped (male).png
- File:Medium task set equipped (female).png
- [[:File:Medium task set.png]]
- [[:File:Hard task set.png]]
- [[:File:Elite task set.png]]
- File:Elite task set (full, female) equipped.png
I propose that the "[[:File:Medium task set.png]]" be merged into "File:Medium task set equipped (male).png", as that is the better name. The elite task images should be moved to the same format as the easy/medium ones. The hard task image should be moved to the correct gender, and a female one created.
Use in infoboxes
Some of the individual task reward pages use an image of the whole set for that tier in the Infobox Bonuses template. Others use a separate image of that item. From looking through the pages, I've found that this is how it breaks down.
|Separate image||Set image|
As you can see, apart from the cloak and sword, there isn't any consistency across items, and the only tier that's consistent is tier 3.
- Keep the Ardougne cloak and Wilderness sword images as separate.
- The Falador shield pages should also use a shield-only image in the infobox, due to the angle that shield images should be taken from.
- For the remaining parts of the set, decide either:
- Use a separate image of each piece, with gendered images on relevant pieces
- Use a set image on every page, with both genders displayed on relevant pieces
Support 1, 2, 3.2 - Wilderness sword, falador shield and ardougne cape should definitely have separate pics due to them needing a different angle/more emphasis on the item. Maybe the desert amulet too as it's fairly small. There should be 2 pics for each gender also.22:27, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
Support 1,2,3.2 - Ye. Angles and shit.22:58, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
Support 3.1, oppose 3.2 -
For starters, if/when a new diary is added, or if/when one of these sets is graphically updated, the set images sound like a nightmare to update. We'd have to find someone who has all the easy tasks done but none of the medium/hard/elites for all diaries. Furthermore, I think having the set equipped is unnecessary and distracting. For example, the Varrock armor is partially obscured by the Desert amulet or Falador shield. I'd rather just see the items by themselves. --LiquidTalk 00:41, April 4, 2018 (UTC)
- The most recent update made all the tiers of the task set items into overrides - Cuxrie (talk) 00:54, April 4, 2018 (UTC)
Support 1, 2, 3² - Separate images for shield, sword, and cloak. I think the separate images for each item came about from the difficulty of finding players with complete sets of the items. \now the overrides seem to have solved this it is actually feasible to follow the set standardisation we have for other images.09:37, April 4, 2018 (UTC)