Forum:Close Forum:Clan Chat
Forum:Clan Chat has been dead for a long time. Besides the thread closed yesterday, which was simultaneously shown in the regular YG, there have been no issues since July. The last few threads that were in F:CC were also featured in F:YG to attract more attention. Well, I ask, if you're going to put them in the YG anyways, then why have a separate F:CC at all?
The original point of separating clan chat discussions from the YG isn't really an issue anymore, and furthermore, the new archive categorization system means we still can separate out all of the clan chat archives from the others. Therefore, I ask that we close F:CC and redirect all those threads into the YG. --LiquidTalk 15:37, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Oppose - The threads that also get featured in the YG do so because they're important, and propose larger-scale changes. This forum, as clearly stated in its introduction, is for inquiries and discussions that will not impact greatly on the clan. I wouldn't want to see a chat ban appeal or de-ranking request in the wiki's main forum at all, to be honest. There is an unfortunate lack of activity here, however, and has been for a long time. Even I tried to get the ball rolling again, but it didn't go very far. I think we should focus more on trying to make this place more active before just killing it. Ronan Talk 16:26, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
- EDIT: "Here" means "there". Sowweh. Ronan Talk 18:27, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Those threads were not doubly featured in the YG simply because they were important. According to F:CC, "Changes affecting the status of the clan chat, such as a request to permanently close the channel or change the name, should be directed to the Yew Grove. But nothing else, no exceptions."
- Rather, those threads were featured in the YG because the proposers knew that they were too important to just sit around on a page that no one visits. If F:CC was active, then important threads could be solely featured there. Therefore, the major reason is the inactivity of F:CC.
- Unless people start to make F:CC active, I don't see much alternative to shutting it down. --LiquidTalk 21:20, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
- "Changes affecting the status of the clan chat, such as a request to permanently close the channel or change the name" = important, i.e. exactly what I've already said. F:CC was never intended for threads that would have a large impact on the chat in the first place, which I think is what you're arguing (I'm not fully sure) . I'll repeat, it would be unreasonably stupid to close the forum without making even an attemot to revive it. You didn't touch on my main point of opposition at all, namely, what would be done with the more minor threads such as ban appeals or proposals to change the clan's motif. Ronan Talk 21:38, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Incorrect. Important threads (such as the one recently closed about clan chat space), do not necessarily deal with the status of the clan chat and as such, per the rule, should not be simultaneously featured in the YG. The "nothing else" clause makes this quite clear.
- I don't see how this can be revived, but if you have an idea I'm all ears. The minor threads have all but died, and when they come back there's nothing wrong with taking one or two threads in the YG every now and then. --LiquidTalk 23:15, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Support - It was originally made because we didn't want lots of threads in the yg, if I remember correctly. There is almost nothing happening in f:cc, meaning if a thread was to be made, it would most likely get less discussion than it needs. We also have a lot less threads in the YG compared to when we originally created the clan chat forum, meaning the original reason is near defunct. Currently I see no reason that this would be a negative change for either forum.09:02, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
Neutral - This is fairly ironic that I do not strongly oppose this, as it seems that I was an extremely strong proponent of this forum in question. FYI, the discussion that created the forum is here. At the time, the main reason (or maybe just my reason) we created the CC forum was to keep CC-related discussions out of the Yew Grove. It had become both an inconvenience and irritating with the large number of "Ban _____ from the CC" threads in the YG. Another issue at the time was that we had 80+ active threads in the YG at once!! Now, we look at the CC Forum and see it is dead. But then again, if people were allowed to make CC threads in the YG, would we face a similar situation? Probably not, but I'll stay neutral. Maybe it's best just to leave it there as a dead page that can be used if people need to vent their anger. Chicken7 >talk 06:54, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
Support - No need for it. There aren't ban threads that often, so if those very rare threads would fill the yew grove a little, I don't really think it's that bad. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 16:46, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
Closed - Forum:Clan Chat has really lost its popularity. If someone wants to get something done regarding the clan chat, they should bring it up on the Yew Grove itself. Suppa chuppa 22:57, November 26, 2011 (UTC)