For those wondering what some instances were when the bans weren't documented, can be found here:
- TyA banned Aakers1 for 3 days. No ban was documented on the chat ban page and no message was left on the talk page.
- AnselaJonla banned Doom Weaver for 1 week. No ban was documented on the chat ban page and a message was left on the talk page some what relevant to the ban, but not by AnselaJonla but by Cire04.
- Flaysian banned Vedant Chaturvedi for 3 hours. No ban was documented on the chat ban page and no message was left on the talk page.
Discuss. Hair 03:18, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Comment - With the logs being automatic now I really don't see the point in having a second list of almost the same thing. I'd say a message should still be left of some description on the user's talkpage, but really the ban log page can be deleted, or archived and discontinued.07:38, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Comment - I think we should just archive the old bans page and use the logs. They are in real-time and are always accurate. There's no need to have a second redundant page of manually updated logs. After all, we don't have a page full of IP bans. The old archived bans should be kept for reference. 222 talk 11:59, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Kill the Chat bans page - The log automatically updates. Furthermore, I believe that you can give a logged reason now when banning someone, which eliminates the need for the reason to be stated on a third page, as the kickban reason was always "Kickbanned by (name)." --LiquidTalk 00:36, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, you can give a reason for the bans when banning a user, see this. Hair 13:22, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- [[Template:BFC]] should still be used. We still tell people they've been blocked, the same should go for chat bans. cqm talk 01:01, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Closed - The chat bans page will be deleted (there's nothing on there to archive). The information page will be updated to reflect our use of the automatic logs. RS:CHAT will have the Banning Guidelines section updated for appeals and etc. Regarding leaving users a message after banning, the same still applies as was discussed in the last thread (mentioned above). We can't force chat mods to leave them messages, it's not much different from warning wiki vandals or telling them they're blocked. However, I won't remove the request for messaging from the chat pages. 17:06, June 21, 2012 (UTC)