Forum:Ban Maceypants permanently
Most of you know Maceypants. If you don't, he was a decent editor before he got into some arguments on here and reddit (mostly about how effective Legacy is compared to EoC and assorted other topics). He has violated RS:GTS quite a few times as well, playing policies against the users who actually follow them ("Your post is something *I MYSELF* find negative so I'm willing to break RS:DDD and RS:3RR to remove them").
But the worst part is Macey's toxic attitude, one of the worst I've ever seen in a long, long time. On Ansela's unblock thread, he mentioned that she should stay "in the gulag of a permanent ban." So he's willing to throw around words that effectively mean a concentration camp from the Soviet Union? Yeah, think about it. That's nothing compared to the screenshot below, which is actually the second time he's asked us to "paint our brains on the wall". Really, now? And Macey, how do you plan on making us do that? A shotgun, perhaps? (say you and what army?) Disgusting.
For proof just read this: Special:Diff/14194465/14194612
Then look at this screenshot of a reddit post:
Why do we keep people like this again? People who game the system and refuse to admit when they do wrong? Not only rude and hateful, but also willing to act physically violent towards us, and threatening us with physical harm? Absolute bottom-of-the-barrel scum, if you ask me.
I think I've said enough, but I could easily say more, because as you can see, he's actually made me want to stop living. Let's show this user that he's not welcome here ever again.
EDIT: I should mention that we as a wiki have done literally nothing wrong to Macey himself other than a differing opinion on a combat system in a video game. This should say something about much he's done compared to us. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 13:50, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Off with their head. Permanent ban, plox. And yes I realize that I've worded things strongly in this post, but I cannot put it any other way when I am targeted specifically. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 13:39, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Strong Support - The user in question has took a lot of time and effort into harassing members of the wiki off-site, but at the same time pertaining the harassment directly to wiki users and the wiki itself. Clearly this user does not want to do anything productive and probably doesn't need to come back, ever. – Ozank Cx 13:45, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Your argument about his use of the word gulag is bad though. But the personal insults and the "kill yourself" messages are extremely egregious. I can also tell you guys from person experience that Spineweilder has a massive dick. MolMan 13:57, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- I can vouch for this. Spineweilder's dick is massive; nearly destroyed my anus. 14:30, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Lol ironic Oil4 Talk 16:27, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Fun fact: Pencils are in fact bigger on average than a pingas fetus is my son and I love him. 19:10, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Strong Support - Macey shows no signs of being helpful at all, instead opting to continue insulting members of the wiki both on and off of the site, as evident by the image showing the two reddit private messages that I received earlier today (which can be seen above) when he was banned again as a result of breaking both RS:3RR and RS:DDD. 14:05, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Don't forget to mention that he removes things on his talk page if they "offend him" and ignores the person posting it. Which is everything and everyone. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 14:24, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Extreme support - Macey has violated RS:UTP very badly, as well as the aforementioned two policies. It is in no way okay to threaten someone like this, especially not online (come say it to my face brah), and he has been a giant nuisance in Special:Chat way more than once. He does not contribute a great deal to the wiki, and because of that I think we'll be way better off without him. 14:26, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Per all14:44, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - That he thought that an appropriate response to being banned was to tell people to kill themselves in two belittling, upsetting and insensitive messages just goes to show that he isnae somebody we want on the wiki. The effect he's had on Stinko just further shows how nasty he is. I hope Tony reported him on Reddit for those messages too15:12, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep, I have both reported and blocked the user on reddit for these highly threatening messages. This isn't even the first time he's messaged me either, as a previous message was sent on an earlier ban he had received. 15:19, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Ozzy summed it up the best, IMO. Someone who used to do nice little edits behind the scenes decided to show their toxic personality. Truly disappointed. Coelacanth0794 Talk 15:18, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support --15:51, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - I wonder if he would've said those things to people's faces.15:57, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support ɯɯɥ - If a user takes the time to write up insults to other users off-site just because you banned them for the right reason, you wonder if they're really going to be positively productive on the wiki, or anywhere else for that matter. It is clear from this behavior that this user deserves a permanent block on this wiki. I can only imagine how his behavior towards others are in real life. -- SpineTalk 16:12, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support Seems like this user has nothing more to add to the project, and personal threats shouldn't be tolerated and im glad we have a community that wont tolerate them.16:35, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support Thanks, ban thread I really appreciate your feedback, it really help! I will look a little closer at all the things you pointed out! Thanks again! fetus is my son and I love him. 16:57, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
SUPPORT - I never really liked how he would argue against tested facts and blindly defend misinformation just because it was on the (now unused) official wiki but this is on a whole new level. Just get rid of this obvious troll.17:21, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- I agree. He thought the main content team did MTX stuff in RS while the MTX team handled billing. How blind can you be? --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 22:55, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Worst case of RS:UTP I've seen. 18:26, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - As per all above (except for the part about Spine) Also does perm ban include usertalk editing being blocked?19:05, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- As he commonly violates RS:3RR and RS:DDD by it, I could imagine so. – Ozank Cx 19:08, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Support - Never had a run in with them, fortunately, but no one should be allowed to spew around that kind of behaviour.
Also, per Psi, bc spine's Rat pole /is/ pretty large -- 19:15, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Don't be fucking rude 22:27, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
- A whole thread just for me?!
- Anyway, i'll start off with saying that that reddit account truly is not me, sorry to burst your bubble but
- it's just someone who wants me to get banned, worst part is how low you try to make me sound. I have asian family, so
- not really a fan of derogitory terms for asians @spine. I have dealt with depression/suicide before & I don't really
- wish it upon anyone else.
- As well for a factual correction, the messages that were sent out from that account were pretty bad, however, telling
- someone to kill themself isn't a crime, and from what I saw in the chat logs, "bringing it to the police" wouldn't have
- done anything.
- Secondly @ stink, calm down.
- If you are so intertwined with a website that it actually upsets you on a daily basis, you need to step away and
- prioritize your life.
- After my two week ban I was going to turn over a new leaf and start anew, firstly by removing something that was
- negative from my UTP, it wasn't a discussable object and was just going to put me in a bad mood.
- I'm sorry for the way I have treated you and hope you accept my apology, no one should be treated like that.
- To anyone else I have previously upset, I apologize and hope to start anew.
- That isn't going to work. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. That guy on reddit behaves exactly like you; no one has reason to doubt it's you. Except me, I believe you. I fully believe 100% that some sick man has been pretending to be you for 9 months just to get you banned from here forever. I know that because that man is me!!!!!!
- Ban evading is against the rules.
- Bye forever. MolMan 00:49, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Just wanted to put this here for Macey to see, but if your apology is sincere (which I doubt it is), then I'm sorry, but it's too little, too late. You've really messed up here. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 12:48, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahano 08:38, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
Meh Well the reddit Account isn't mine, there is no proof it is mine, other than "we think it is you". A clarification as well, a gulag is a soviet work camp. The word prior to that actually meant a way to silent disobedience/political disobediane. So don't try and choose which meaning I used. Again though, unless you can actually provide proof, which you are at the burden of here, that reddit account is not mine. "Feeling like it is mine" also isn't a viable source. If I do end up getting banned though, I have many accounts, all created via VPN. They have been among you for a very long time and all have different IP addresses. I've planted my roots and I'm not moving.
Love,14:11, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:WP:QUACK - there's no reason for us to doubt it isn't you. And I would suggest not trying to turn it around back on us, when you are already in a bad enough position already. As well as this, the fact you are giving out empty threats with VPNs/any other IP changing service just cements the fact that your intentions are not good and detrimental towards the wiki. – Ozank Cx 14:39, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- "I've planted my roots and I'm not moving." I'll go get my hatchet brb 14:46, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- The reddit account is so obviously you -- not only was it made nine months ago, but you've also referred to posts you've made as /u/maceypants in [[Special:Chat]], and your hate messages from reddit pop up immediately following some punitive action against you on the wiki. Oh, did we mention it also has your name? Nice threat too, although we have tools to see what you're doing, and we'll probably be able to identify you by your (apparently unchangeable) behavior. ʞooɔ 14:48, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
Still waiting for that proof. I've never associated myself with that reddit account. Those messages were also not threatening in the slightest manner, so not sure what you are talking about. I've had many accounts active over the wiki the past 8 months all without anyone knowing.
- :))) 15:10, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- You can keep trying to lie and say the account isn't yours, but it's clearly obvious that it is. It seems highly unlikely that any other person would message ME of all people on reddit two highly insulting messages within a few minutes of your more recent ban, and a follow-up one 2 hours after that first message sent. Keep denying it all you like but we all know /u/maceypants is you. 15:18, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- I really wouldnt be surprised if you were making the messages yourself. You just "happen" to be getting all of them. 15:20, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Cool. I guess you won't mind losing this one. ʞooɔ 15:25, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
- [2015-07-07 02:27:17] <Maceypants> They should remove the need for "are you sure you want to delete ___ from your friends list" -- A post was made about the same thing by /u/maceypants before it was removed (And here's a permalink in case you try to delete your comments on it too). MolMan 15:28, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
Closed - There's really no point in keeping this open longer. The community is overwhelmingly in favor of the block, and Macey shows no signs of doing anything except making further threats. His account will be blocked indefinitely. ʞooɔ 15:25, July 24, 2015 (UTC)