Hello. I just saw an add for World of Warcraft on OUR homepage. I don't know how that's supporting Runescape. World of Warcraft is Runescape's biggest competitor, I don't see how anyone would let that happen. There are also a few adds that have topics that are inappropriate for any teen site. I don't have any power to delete or change these, so I wanted to put is somewhere where the whole wikia community wan notice this and appreciate the severity of this problem. I hope this was the right place to put this.
- I don't know if we really can change any of this. It is pretty much up to the Wikia company what kind of advertising companies they want to employ. But if some of these advertisements are highly inappropriate in some way, I guess it can't hurt should we let them have some "customer feedback". However, "world of warcraft" can hardly be considered "inappropriate", if we use the traditional definition of the word. Perhaps you have some other examples? 17:45, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Our ads are controlled by places like Casalmedia. If inappropriate ads are found, there is a guide to report them on Wikia Help. Other than that, there's nothing we can do. We cannot stop ads for other games, as they are not harmful in any way. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 17:48, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- WE do not control this site, Wikia does. The ads are random, and are usually categorised into categories such as "Gaming" or "Entertainment." Karlis (talk) (contribs) 17:50, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Couldn't we get an add for Runescape on the homepage mixed in with the other adds? It would make an impression on the other wiki pages, too.
What the heck makes you think WoW ads are bad? It's kinda immature to think that they shouldn't be here... but as for inappropriate ads, contact Wikia about it. --Gone. 20:29, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Offensive advertisements and other ill-liked ones can be removed by requesting them on on J Sharp's page. He is the community staff member responsible for this.
20:30, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ridiculous, if the ad has not broken any rules then it should not be removed. Wikia hosts all majorly popular gaming wikis. TEbuddy 20:40, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Then I guess that we can't do anything about it, but I will contact central if I find another inappropriate add, I haven't seen it for a while, though, maybe it was already removed.
Honestly, I would like to have the WoW ads removed (it's like having a billboard for Burger King right next to a McDonald's. Counterproductive for them!), but besides our grudges and whatnot, there's no reason to. If there's an advert saying "Do U know if your Gay?" (I saw some last year), that could be removed due to controversy issues on a site intended for teenagers. World of Warcraft is intended for gaming teenagers, so in actuality, is very appropriate to have on this site. Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 05:31, 4 April 2009 (UTC)