Hello friends and others, I would like to take your attention. Thanks, I have it now. Anyway, I want to propose increased granularity when it comes to achievements - as in, make a page for every achievement in the game. It would help with searchability, such as when you inadvertently get the halfway message for an achievement in-game but have no idea what it is. Plus, I mean, if titles can have their own pages, achievements should be able to as well. The existing collection pages (eg. task diaries) would continue to exist, but it can be helpful listing achievements on their own page to be able to add more clarity on how to complete it where necessary without clogging up whichever collection page it is listed on.
I'll keep this attention, but you can leave now.
Support - as mastermind.08:24, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Support - I imagine it'll give us more room to manoeuvre with information presentation08:52, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Actually I believe Psionic means giving every individual task its own page, similar to how titles and music tracks have their own pages. As for redirecting, I believe we do that anyway
09:57, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Own page, indeed. Since the achievement rework we're missing a load of redirects, and I kinda wanted to do this anyway, and it seems better to just make separate pages immediately rather than having to change a ton of redirects around. 10:05, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Forum:Sand and gravel granularity when 12:15, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - I will also make sure that all the peripherals are taken care of - a new infobox with links to the achievement collection, correct categorisation, etc.12:19, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Support - Hell yeah! Why didn't I think of this :o There is sooooo much stuff I could do with this! :) We have to be carefull though with navboxes, I imagine a navbox for all MQC reqs is not that wanted with its 160+ reqs. Also how would you deal with meta achievements a.k.a. (sub)reqs for that achievement?14:12, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Support - The current achivement system in-game is a bit questionable and unpratical, thse articles are defenetively going to help.14:20, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - While in this particular case I do think achievement granularity would benefit, I think there's an issue with increased granularity that we will have to deal with at some point when it comes to all this duplicated information. It makes it hard, especially for new editors, to figure out if they've updated all the places where the information appears. I don't know what the best solution would be - do we just deal with it? Might use of transclusions help, where the core information is kept in one place (like skillcape perks)? --LiquidTalk 15:23, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Yup, at least I hope that's Psi's intent. Just like titles' infobox, the info can be transcluded to the "list" pages. This way the info is only in one place. 15:32, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- We already transclude some information that appears on multiple pages, see recent example Template:Menaphos reputation imperial (et al). I don't see why we couldn't create transclusion templates for achievement information - or better still a module that contains this information so that we don't have a million templates jayden 15:47, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Or just have the info in the achievement's infobox, like titles. And then just DPL the 'list' pages. 15:50, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - RIP, so Mod Asherz said on today's stream (27 June 2017) that the completionist achievements (Comp, Trimmed, MQC) will not be named anymore to be more like they were initially. So at least these achievements will not get their own page, and thus the req list of the respective cape should suffice like it does currently. Of course, we could wait and see what happens. But at least we'll be able to see more reqs on our screen again. :P17:24, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - Salix, the TL;DW mentions there will still be 1522 total achievements though!
A few points that I want to address due to the stream:
- If this forum passes I will delay making actual pages until the re-rework hits. No point in doing things twice when you know change is coming beforehand.
- Multi-tiered achievements (such as Slay Bells Ring in the Menaphos area currently) will be on one page, with a table elaborating on the amount of things needed to be done for the next tier.
- There was something else but I forgot. Ah well.
19:53, June 27, 2017 (UTC)
- No, I meant, that the comp achievements (MQC/comp/trimmed) probably shouldn't have seperate articles anymore, but all the other ones could still have seperate pages as long as those are named achievements. 12:45, June 28, 2017 (UTC)
Meh - I'd say oppose because it wouldn't really help with searchability or legibility IMO, but people are excited so who am I. The protocol is obvious for the tasks that belong to achievement diaries; however, what about Lumbridge beginner tasks (not the beginner-level diary), Troll Warzone miscellania, lodestone activation tasks and Menaphos tasks, which aren't really achievements, are they? And making separate articles for completionist or master QP cape requirements is definitely a bad idea. There are too many and apparently they are not going to be named anymore anyway.07:20, June 28, 2017 (UTC)