Forum:A solution to Clan Chat problems.
A solution to Clan Chat problems.
Hi. This is coming from my thread in the forums, [http://runescape.wikia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3347 here].
There has been problems in the R S Wikia clan chats, and kicking has been needed. Often, no one is high enough ranked to kick. So this the proposed solution.
- Give all trusted Clan Chat members kicking power to all unranked players, as defined by C Teng. if we can trust C Teng with the R S Wikia account, we can here. I'm pretty sure R S Wikia's Friend's list can handle this. This would be no more then 25, currently. This way we can get rid of trouble causing players, not fill up R S Wikia's friends list. If "trusted users" set out of bounds on their judgment, they can easily be kicked out themselves by higher-ups, or acted upon here, on the Wikia.
- Once we have reached a consensus, I would like to put this into effect ASAP.
Comment - If all sysops have kicking rights and crats and some users, we are already at 50+ with these kicking rights...
07:59, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Comment - I am talking all sysops, crats, and trusted users. This is well under 100 and manageable. I know we can't have a kicker on the CC all the time, but we can try to have one on most of the time. Why, just earlier I was on with 10+ people, none with kicking rights. Jediadam4 (Talk) 08:10, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Comment - Maybe we can come up with a team of trusted "moderators". They wouldn't have to do much, other than just sit in the channel while they're browsing the wiki, checking in every few minutes or so. Even if they aren't in the channel, we could have a chat CVU page where active channel users can report problems. I am in support of doing something, and I think we're definitely on the right track. However, I'd like to see a bit more detail in the specifications before we come to a consensus. I'll be eagerly watching this idea develop.02:35, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Support - Sounds good, Jedi. :) By the way, you spelled "solution" incorrectly in your title, so I fixed it.13:17, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Support - I support the proposal, there are plenty of times I have seen nobody with kicking powers on.00:04, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
Comment - We have agreed to make the new ranking, but how will we decide to give it to people? Should we make "RfLs" (Requests for Lieutenantship), similar to RfAs? Or should players request the ranking online? C Teng talk 03:34, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
This is Jediadam4. I was playing and got this image: [IMG][/IMG] Please see [http://runescape.wikia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3347&start=50 this] page in the forums for more details.
Support - I would just like to note that current persons with fest mod ranks, (God of War, and myself) should be allowed to keep these as we are actively planning the wikifest and are moderating the chat. Also, if we will be doing elections, I personally nominate Jediadam4. There are active on the chat often have a neutral point of view. Thanks!
05:04, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- I would also much appreciate it if I could have these rights back...how do I do this...thanks!
I don't think this needs to be complicated. How about any user that has been around for a while and uses the CC just ask C Teng on his talk page for kicking powers. Any one abuses and they get the boot. --Degenret01 05:28, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think it does. This is a major issue and privileged. Plus, it shouldn't just be up to one person entirely. Also, if we grant it to a lot of people, people will start abusing it for certain, to an extent. This would cast havoc upon the Wikia and it's community, we don't want that.
Hmm, how about a "Request for Fest Mod(RFM)". Require the user to be active two months, have a history of fairness and good edits. History of reporting vandalism and handling vandalism well. Or something to that degree, since if a fest mod can kick then it is like being an admin on the wiki. It should be similar to how we now have forum admins. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 06:43, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- After speaking with some users in game, I Support this idea. I hope we can limit the amount of run time to perhaps 5 days, rather then the traditional 2 weeks though ;)
- Support since I came up with it and having it less than 2 weeks works for me. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 20:36, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
Support with conditions- I support as long as the new rank for trusted members does not interfere with the Fest mod, crat and admin ranks. I would like it as well if Doucher and Jediadam got these kicking powers as well. They have been around for a while and i think extreme kick action needs to be taken as not everyone can be on it at the time of a vandal attack. Also i would like to quickly add that my rank has disappeared maybe it was intentional maybe it wasn't so we should add a clan chat help page when it comes to problems. Also maybe we could give chat bans? Make a page here on the wiki and add any known vandal who fails to comply by our rules multiple times not to be allowed in the chat again or maybe just for a period of time. Im sorta typing quick so let me know if im hard to understand. God Of War 00:55, 10 February 2009 (UTC) Edit: Bonziiznob and I and the rest of the Fest Mods should still retain our rank. I see no reason why the Fest Mod rank was done away with. Not all rollbackers are prominent well known wiki users. It is much harder to organise and schedule a wikifest in some cases than gain the roll back feature. I think we need to put back all the ranks and add a few more. Take away the Judges and Contestants and lower the ability to kick. God Of War 02:46, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- I Agree -
- God of War, Lieutenants will become the new Fest Mod rank. Instead of just ranks for Wikifest workers, we'll have it for all trusted users. It's the same thing. And we've decided to not use rollbackers, but instead trusted users. We are definitely getting rid of the judge and contestant ranks (see my comments above). Kicking powers will be given to Sysops, and the Lieutenants. We just have to figure out how we will give these ranks (perhaps by using RfA-like voting). And also, you never were a Fest Mod, actually. C Teng talk 22:58, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
I think im trusted enough. I have had my fair share of arguments just like any user but in game there have been no arguments or complaints. I used to have the Lieutenant Ranking and the Orange Star which at the time was the Fest Mod Ranking. I did apply to it when the original rankings were made. So far in the last fest i included the Clan Wars section and dramatically increased the time spend on f2p servers during the wikifest. While i was unable to attend the fest i did contribute to it. This fest Bonzi and I have been working on it a lot as well. I was the user who proposed specific rules be set for the new clan chat and even without my rank i warn users whenever they are on the breaking point of flaming or talking about topics that arent for the clan chat... drugs sex adult content etc. If i have to get elected im ok with that. God Of War 03:14, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- As desperately needed, and as this was moved to the archive with no changes, I have implemented discussed rules at with a consensus has been made. In light of recent events at which is has become heated, hard to handle and discuss, I took liberty to implement these immediately. Thanks. They can be found here
Support with important suggestion: I would just like to point out that I haven't actually found a list of ranked users on this wiki. I suggest making a list of the RuneScape wikia's standard users (users with no powers, as defined above) that have rankings in the clan chat! The users with special powers, admins, etc. are easy enough to find using the group feature. Additionally I agree that there should be a way to apply for a rank in the clan chat in the future by putting your name on a list, rather than just having C Teng pick people (right now that is fine to get the clan chat up and running). Some people will get left out, that really want a rank.01:46, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. See RuneScape talk:Clan Chat#List of Ranked Clan Chat Users and Forum:RfC and RfI. C Teng talk 15:03, 21 March 2009 (UTC)