Forum:'Nother vandal bot spree
'Nother vandal bot spree
- You're no fun. We're in game setting up roles to lol this guy, and you protected again. =( We got him. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 05:35, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- I kicked 2 unknown users from the CC as this wannabe big-time haxxor was obviously in there. If he was really good with computers, he would do something more impressive, like hack my account, not download a bot somebody else made off a warez site. =D Karlis (talk) (contribs) 05:51, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Just in case someone comes screaming power abuse. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 05:52, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
I wake up to get a drink of water and see that "Team Can't Score" is back again. This guy needs to get laid, seriously. I lol at his efforts though, to think that everything he is working so hard for can be undone with 1 simple click truly makes me laugh. Night again, all. =) Karlis (talk) (contribs) 02:33, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Interesting how you just so happened to "get up" when the vandal bot strikes. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
- You caught me. I secretly download bots from warez hack sites and run them when my mom goes to sleep. Then I run them on the wiki and block them effortlessly in order to make us all look better. I proxy out of fear that mom might find out, and I'm immature enough to spam "Your mom is g*y!" You guys are good. =) Karlis (talk) (contribs) 02:40, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- uberfuzzy has granted a few administrators with checkuser status. This means we can find the proxy IPs the vandal bot controller uses and stop him VERY quickly. I think this problem is all but solved. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 05:18, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- To be specific, the following users have been granted checkuser status:
13:03, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi. As I know the vandal in real life, I feel I have to say something about this~ I'm sure that the vandal in question would not be playing Runescape while vandalizing, as he is currently inactive. Even if he was on, he wouldn't claim to be the vandal on the clanchat. You shouldn't be kicking random people there.
- I am certain he was in the CC as he quoted things said in the CC on his edit comments. How else would he have this information? We also have not put a throttle for edits, it was simply a suggestion by Uberfuzzy which never happened. As we can now easilly block his proxies, he will be nothing more than a minor nuissance now. I also expressed to both users that we suspected someone in the CC was him, and apologized in advance, welcoming them both back in an hour. He also never claimed anything in the CC, as one of these users hadn't spoken a word since they entered the CC. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 14:44, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
[23:44] <uberfuzzy> we're building a list of known open proxies (mostly from CS's activity at RSW) and blocking them globably
[23:44] <uberfuzzy> we've been adjusting the rate limits at RSW some too
[23:44] <Azaz129> Glad this situation has served some use then.
[23:45] <uberfuzzy> anon users can create 1 new page per 120 seconds
[23:45] <uberfuzzy> new users (wears off after 4 days i think) can create 1 page per 60 seconds
[23:46] <uberfuzzy> that should atleast slow the bugger down a lot
From my conversation with uber before being entrusted with the checkuser tool.--
03:01, 11 March 2009 (UTC)