Forum:"Planned Updates" -good article idea?
I've gone ahead and made a sample of what a "Planned Updates" article would look like here: User:Nequillim/Planned_Updates.
My question: Is it worthy of being an article?
My question: If it is, which article name would be most appropriate: Planned Updates, Future Updates, Confirmed Updates, Future Events, Confirmed Future Updates, other?
Why I think such an article would be good:
- It would be an articlization of the current Future Events category, but being an article, it would contain more information otherwise not article-worthy in itself, at this point (for example: new skill, "noob-free" worlds).
- It would consolidate all planned updates in one place.
- Only official Jagex-confirmed plans would be added.
- All statements would require to be linked to source site (proof), so that players can check when it was stated, and by whom.
- It could become a Popular Article, where users go to check, and remind themselves, of what has been promised by Jagex for RuneScape's future.
What do you think, fellow RuneScape Wiki users?--Nequillim 04:02, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Support - I like it and think the draft you put together looks good. TEbuddy 05:14, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Kinda said that already. "Only official Jagex-confirmed plans would be added.". Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 06:49, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it is stated in the article and furthermore in hidden comments, when editing the article. --Nequillim 05:56, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - The page is more like a list, compared to an article. I would propose that we followed the format used in 2010. Then, we can call it: "Upcoming updates". Currently, the more appropriate name for this page would be "List of upcoming updates". 12:07, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Taking the advice of Az, I decided to make it in the same format as the 2010 article, using cquote2 templates to provide the citations right in the article. The article can now be reached at Upcoming updates. If I've missed anything, feel free to add it in and to help keep the article up-to-date. --Nequillim 08:40, September 9, 2009 (UTC)