|Release||27 February 2017 (Update)|
|Quest item||Back to the Freezer|
|Destroy||You can make another of these from items found in the secret bunker on the iceberg.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|This is what makes time travel possible.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The flax cap-ice-i-tor is an item used in Back to the Freezer. It is made by using any of the flax, hat, hammer, or ice cubes on each other. If the flax cap-ice-i-tor is destroyed, the items will need to be found again.
The items required vary by the RuneScape server language, see table for all variants:
|Something to cap it all off||Hat|
|Something to bind the pieces together||Flax|
|Something to keep the device cool||Ice cubes|
|Etwas Robustes mit Fassungvermögen
(something robust with capacity)
|Ein Teil, sie zu flechten, sie alle zu binden
(a part to braid them, to bind them all)
|Etwas, das Leben in sich trägt
(something that carries life in itself)
(a strong hammer)
|Un objet pour écoper
(an object to scoop)
|Un objet pour éviter l'énergie excé-dentaire
(an object to avoid excess dental energy)
|Un objet pour éviter la surchauffe
(an object to avoid overheating)
|Un objet pour mettre tous les éléments d'accord
(an object to put all the elements in agreement)
|Indispensável para todos os super-heróis
(indispensable for all superheroes)
|Algo para tocar a última nota
(something to play the last note)
|Você tomou e a dor sumiu
(you took and the pain disappeared)
|Algo que enfeita e energiza
(something that embellishes and energises)
|Arcane stream necklace|
If the items are held and you change to a different world, the items will transform into the relevant items for that world.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its name is a pun on the Flux capacitor, the key component of the time-travelling car in the Back to the Future movies (of which much of Back to the Freezer is a pun of).
- The flax cap-ice-i-tor is named directly after the four components: flax, a hat, ice cubes, and a 'Thor-ific' hammer
- In German, the item is named Flachs-Humpen-Saat-Thor, which is also the components (literally Flax-Tankard-Seed-Thor). It is also similar to the German for 'capacitor', 'Kondensator'.
- In French, it is named Contra-den-so-glaça-teur temporel, which is also named from the components - contra from 'contrat' for the contract, den from 'dents' for tooth, glaça from 'glaçons' for ice cubes, 'so' is a homonym for 'seau' meaning bucket, and temporel is simply temporal. It is also a pun on the French for 'capacitor', 'condensateur'.
- In Portuguese, it is named Capa-cítara-dor de Fluxo, which is, again, the components - capa is cape, cítara is cithara, 'dor' is from the Portuguese name for ogleroots ('raiz doril'), and fluxo for 'flow/stream'. It is also a pun on the Portugeuse for 'capacitor', which is also 'capacitor'.