For the item used during Back to the Freezer, see Flax (Back to the Freezer).
For the NPC that calls himself "Flax", see Geoffrey.
|Release||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|I should use this with a spinning wheel.|
|Exchange||169 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Flax is a plant picked from a flax field, used to create bowstring. Picking one grants 1 Farming experience when picked. Each plant can yield from 1 to 15 pieces of flax, although lower yield is far more common. Each piece must be picked manually.
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
To force an update of this list, click.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see( ).
|Baby impling jar||?||1||Rare[dr 1]||N/A|
|Baby impling||17||1||Rare[dr 1]||N/A|
|Crwys worker||97||1 (noted)||Common||N/A|
|Ganodermic beast||112||40 (noted)||Common|
|Ganodermic runt||112||20 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Mature grotworm||98||50–100 (noted)||5/128|
|Rare drop table||?||450–550 (noted)||4/64[dr 1]||N/A|
|TzHaar-Hur||86; 98||4–12 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Winter Weekends (2012)||N/A||15 (noted)||Common||N/A|
|Young grotworm||28||4 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Zombie (New Varrock)||1||1–2||Unknown||N/A|
|Zombie (New Varrock)||1||1–5||1/1024|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Plants[edit | edit source]
|Tree Gnome Stronghold||66|
|Prifddinas (Cadarn district)||9||Maplink|
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Arguably, the best place to pick flax would be in Lletya, because the flax field is very close to the bank. The only downside is that the player has to begin Mourning's End Part I first to enter Lletya.
- Flax field in Taverley is reasonably close to the bank in Burthorpe; there is also a spinning wheel on the way to the bank.
- The field south-east of Seers' Village contains a spinning wheel on the way to the bank. This allows players to turn their flax into bowstrings for crafting experience and even more money. However, the wheel is on the first floor of a house with a door, which greatly increases travel time.
- The flax in Tree Gnome Stronghold is another option. While the flax plants are more spread apart, the bank is fairly close.
- Flax can also be obtained through Managing Miscellania. The quest Throne of Miscellania is needed, however.
- The best place to spin flax into bowstrings is at Neitiznot. The wheel is one click away from the bank and the door is always open.
- If the player completes the Seers' Village Tasks, they can receive 30, 60, 120, or 200 free flax daily from Geoffrey upon completion of the corresponding sets of tasks. Wearing the Seer's headband 2 or higher allows for faster flax spinning at the Seers' Village spinning wheel, making it faster overall than Neitiznot.
- After completing the Carnillean Rising quest, players can speak to Claus the chef to kill the Cave Wolf Matriarch and obtain her skull. You can choose 3,500 flax as a possible reward for this.
- The player's avatar picks flax faster than the picking animation.
- The key to fast flax picking involves timing; Try to find 5 flax plants in a plus-shaped position and stand in the middle of it, then start picking the flax in a circular motion by clicking a plant and then, when you're about to hear the "pop", click the next plant. Your avatar will show the picking motion once while actually picking 2 flax. Eventually a plant will run out, that's when the centre plant right below you comes into play. Use this plant as a substitute until the other plant(s) respawn. This way you can pick 28 flax in about 30 to 35 seconds.
- Alternatively, watch the experience points (+1) appear as the player's character picks flax. After the first pick, +experience will appear. That is when the player should click again, and it will appear so that two flax are picked by the end of the animation. This minimises the amount of clicking necessary.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!