Flagstaff of Festivities
|Flagstaff of Festivities|
|Release||30 April 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can replace this by speaking to Diango in Draynor.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A flagstaff celebrating Runefest '10.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Flagstaff of festivities is a commemorative item given to those who purchased a ticket to RuneFest 2010.
Including the official logo of the RuneFest, players can wield the flagstaff or place the banner in the ground, allowing other players the option to read the banner and to set off fireworks. It is similar in appearance to the clan vexillum.
Players can obtain the Flagstaff of Festivities by redeeming an item code from Diango, an option which was introduced on 28 April 2010, but was not possible until 30 April 2010 when tickets were first available for purchase. Those who bought tickets to RuneFest 2010 event were emailed item codes for each ticket for which they have purchased.
The flagstaff was announced to be receiving several upgrades in the leadup to the RuneFest 2010 event date, including setting off fireworks and sounding horns (which the horn on the tip of the staff alludes to). However, the flagstaff already has the ability to set off fireworks and sound a horn when clicked on to read, so it is possible that the upgrades are already in place.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Controversy[edit | edit source]
A great deal of controversy has been sparked on the official RuneScape forums. As the flag is only obtainable by paying real-world money, some say it is classified as real world trading. Some players feel this is hypocritical to Jagex's stance on in-game status being separated from real-life status. Jagex has however stated that the flagstaff itself is a gift that is complimentary to the RuneFest ticket, and it gives no advantage over players who do not have the flagstaff.
Jagex then went on to clarify that "The flag is not real world trading as it's the ticket you're buying, not the item" and that "Real World Trading is where an illegal company sells beneficial items, services, or gold for real money. As all content in RuneScape is owned by ourselves, they are selling items that do not belong to them and are usually funded through credit card fraud, account theft, and sweatshop labour".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A glitch was known getting multiple flagstaffs. This was fixed after the Zanaris graphical update.
- You cannot rest while a Flagstaff of Festivities is equipped.
- One of the joints appears to be a Seeker eye (these are more round instead of simple slits).
- You cannot plant a flagstaff within close proximity of another already planted flagstaff. However, if two or more are planted within the same game tick then they will all be planted.
- This item seems to work on the same game mechanic as the Clan Vexillum, as you cannot have two of them placed in close proximity, and cannot rest while holding it.
- The stance of a flagstaff has changed to holding it as a sword instead of a staff as before.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ RuneFest.com. "This item will never be made available again, so the only way to get it is to make sure you get a ticket to RuneFest. The RuneFest Flag is a prestige item that players will be able to plant in the ground to show off - a feature that no other item in the game shares - as well as having lots of features like the ability to set off fireworks, sound triumphal horns, and loads more! You'll be able to collect this item before RuneFest itself, and it will continue to improve in the run-up to the event."*
|Membership thanks gifts|