|Release||6 June 2012 (Update)|
|Equipped||Blow bubbles, Remove|
|High alch||270,000 coins|
|Low alch||180,000 coins|
|A mask that lets you fish for compliments.|
|Exchange||19,262,587 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The fish mask is a discontinued item that appeared as a prize from the Squeal of Fortune. When released it was an uncommon reward, but it later was moved to the rare slot. The item was removed from the Squeal of Fortune on 28 September 2012. It was the first tradeable cosmetic item from the Squeal of Fortune.
The fish mask does not require any stats to wield and is purely decorative. When wearing this mask and fishing, fish will occasionally give the player compliments. Players receive no fishing benefits from this mask. Right-clicking the mask when worn and selecting "blow bubbles" allows the player to blow bubbles from the mask for 2 seconds.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Compliments[edit | edit source]
When the player fishes with the mask equipped, the mask will compliment the player. The compliments appear as chat above the fishing spot; other players are able to see this chat as well. Some compliments seem to be gender-specific, and the type of fishing does not affect the compliments seen.
_____ is your character's name.
Both genders[edit | edit source]
- _____... I'm hooked on you.
- _____... You are my inspiration.
- _____... You're an angler extraordinaire!
- Do you come here often, _____?
- Have you had a haircut, _____? (next line) It suits you.
- I love what you're wearing, _____.
- Looking good, _____!
- Nice cast, _____.
- Nobody fishes like you do, _____.
- Ooh, good catch, _____!
- What beautiful eyes _____ has.
- What would I do without you, _____?
- You cast a mean hook, _____.
- You rock my world, _____.
- You're gonna need a bigger inventory, _____.
- You've done this before, haven't you, _____?
Female only[edit | edit source]
- _____ casts her net widely.
- _____ has a nice smile.
- _____, is that a new perfume?
- _____, your hair looks great today.
- That colour suits you, _____.
Male only[edit | edit source]
- _____ casts his net widely.
- _____ makes me laugh.
- _____ makes me smile.
- _____, have you been working out?
- Wow, _____, you have some mad skills.
Unknown requirements[edit | edit source]
- You most certainly are a good fisher, _____.
- You've got the best fish, ______.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The mouth is open on the character model, but the mouth of the mask's chathead model moves, in a similar fashion to the camel mask.
- The bubble blowing emote is one of the few emotes that can be used while the character is walking or running, the others being the use of a Bubble maker, the yawn emote, Confetti and when ringing a Slayer Bell. However, the emote can also be used while performing other tasks such as teleporting, offering at a POH altar, fishing, cooking, etc.
- Players could also blow bubbles while resting; however, the bubbles remained in the same spot as if the player were standing. This feature is no longer available, but a similar way you could do this is when you teleport and blow the bubbles making the bubbles come out as if you were standing.
- While fishing, player can blow bubbles without interrupting fish catching. However, bubbles won't follow the head up and down, they float still above like in the resting glitch.
- There was a glitch at one point that allowed any free player to claim the mask despite the message appearing. It has since been patched in a hidden update.
- The phrase, "You're gonna need a bigger inventory, _____. " , one of the compliments, is a reference to the movie "Jaws".
- While wearing this mask while fishing in the rock pools during the Summer Beach Party, Reyna was the one giving the player compliments instead of the fish.
- The fish mask was the first new discontinued rare item since RuneScape Classic. This was despite Jagex's previous strong stance against re-creating similar items to partyhats, after seeing their effects on the RuneScape economy.
|Exclusive rewards (Limited)|