|Release||4 October 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||36,000 coins|
|Low alch||24,000 coins|
|A cape of fire.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The fire cape is a reward received after defeating TzTok-Jad in the TzHaar Fight Cave minigame. It's notable as one of the most powerful melee capes in the game. Players will always receive a fire cape after killing TzTok-Jad, regardless of whether they already own one or not. Fire capes stack when stored in the bank, and they can be stored on the cape rack in a costume room of a player-owned house. Players that don't want their cape can sell it to TzHaar-Mej-Jal for 8,000 tokkul. A lost fire cape can only be replaced by defeating TzTok-Jad again to receive another one.
After completion of The Elder Kiln, players can sacrifice their fire cape to gain access to a new minigame, the Fight Kiln. This only needs to be done once. After completing this new minigame players can choose to receive a more powerful cape, one of the TokHaar-Kal variants.
The fire cape is normally required to fight Ice strykewyrms. Without it, they can't be fought or assigned as a task. (A TokHaar-Kal will also count as a fire cape for this purpose.) This requirement can be bypassed by paying 2000 Slayer points to unlock the task without needing the cape. When worn, the fire cape has a bonus effect that increases all damage dealt by fire spells to ice strykewyrms.
The August 2011 update to minigame rewards allowed the fire cape to be traded to Nomad or Zimberfizz (along with 100 zeal points while having 99 Slayer and 99 Summoning) for a new pet: TzRek-Jad, a miniature TzTok-Jad. The cape is used as payment and is lost after trading, forcing the player to defeat TzTok-Jad again if they wish to acquire a new one.
Wearing this cape in TzHaar city is one of the Karamja Elite tasks.
This item is also used in a master clue emote step in conjunction with a Toktz-ket-xil and a spork where the player needs to cheer by the sulphur pit of the TzHaar City. There is a hidey-hole nearby allowing the player to store the cape. In order to build it, you must have 88 construction. It requires 4 mahogany planks, 10 Steel nails, and 1 gold leaf.
The fire cape is the first of few animated equipment pieces. It is meant to depict a flow of fire and lava streaming down the player's back.
If the cape is lost in a PvP situation, the killer will receive 60,000 coins.
Fire Cape is not a guaranteed drop. According to Mod Selfie, it is possible to defeat Jad and not complete the fight caves, in which case you do not receive the cape.[source needed]
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||25.5||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Melee armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- The Power of Lava ( 25) – Equip a TzHaar fire cape while standing in TzHaar.
- Seeing Lava ( 25) – Use your fire cape on TzTok-Jad before defeating them.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Players who haven't obtained a Fire Cape should no longer be assigned Ice Strykewyrm tasks by slayer masters.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The Fire cape is now removed from the players back while in the Fight Kiln
- patch 3 January 2013 (Update):
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- A chaotic longsword and fire cape are no longer joined when worn together.
- patch 6 October 2010 (Update):
- Equipment stats window should now stay open when equipping a TzHaar fire cape.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The fire cape shouldn't change in low detail when teleporting around in the Wilderness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the cape is dropped onto the ground by the player, the cape will still show the animation as it were worn by the player.
- Previously, the lava on the cape was updated along with RuneScape HD, but because of the sludgy lava appearance and player complaints along with it, the fire cape was changed back to its original animation.