Fire Blast is the strongest free-to-play Magic fire spell and combat spell as well as the third-strongest fire spell for members in the standard spellbook. It requires three fire runes and three air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 566, and it scales up to 710 at 74 Magic.
Because of its powerful hits, free-to-play mages often use the spell in Clan Wars, at the Duel Arena, in Fist of Guthix, the Wilderness, and in Daemonheim. Pures who only train Magic are able to cast this spell at a minimum combat level of 41. This spell is used in a Lumbridge/Draynor hard task, Blast and Hellfire.
|3||387|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Elemental spells no longer require mind, chaos, death, or blood runes.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- We’ve changed the animations for all of the Strike, Bolt, Blast, Wave and Surge spells (for all four elements). These spells now use some of the game engine's newer features such as particles, and have updated sound effects to accompany them.
- update 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Other small changes concern the Strongholds of Security and of Player Safety, where only those in need of information will be quizzed, and the magic spell icons, which have had a graphical update.