Strategies for Fight Kiln
Recommended levels and equipment[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
When gathering supplies, it is important to leave at least a few inventory spaces empty to make room for the lava crystals that spawn throughout the fight. Each type of crystal stacks with others of its type, so you only need to leave enough inventory spaces for as many types as you plan to pick up.
For high level players:
- Equipment for one style:
- 2 Supreme overload potion or 2 Overload flasks (if you do not have overloads, replace them with 2 Super warmaster's potions)
- 2 Prayer renewal flasks
- 2 Super Saradomin brew flasks/Summer pies/Sailfish soups
- 4 Super restore flasks
- 1 Enhanced replenishment potion (or Adrenaline flask)
- 1 Weapon poison+++
- Enhanced excalibur (free passive lifepoint regeneration every 5 minutes)
- Water Surge or Ice Barrage runes if using magic
For lower levels/if using lower-end gear:
- Equipment for all combat styles (on average this takes 8 inventory spaces)
- 1 melee weapon (used in tandem with a pickaxe on the tool belt, of rune quality or higher to break the armour of the many TokHaar-Ket-Dills)
- 2 Super warmaster's potions
- 2 prayer renewal flasks
- 4 Saradomin brew flasks
- 6 Super restore flasks
- 4 Sailfish
- Water Surge runes if using magic
Familiars[edit | edit source]
Inexperienced players should bring a beast of burden to carry additional supplies.
Experienced players should bring a ripper demon or a steel titan. The TokHaar are not immune to familiars' damage despite the fact that it is still classified as combat damage. Ripper demons also increase the damage dealt as the target's health falls, which is particularly useful against TokHaar-Jad and Har-Aken. Scrolls will be required to deal additional damage, at the cost of some profit, especially with ripper scrolls.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Similar to the Fight Caves, the Fight Kiln involves fighting through waves of enemies before taking on the final boss, Har-Aken. If the player tries to log out in the cave, the game will log them out at the end of the wave after all enemies have been defeated. If you manage to log yourself out before defeating all of the enemies on the current wave you will have to start over on whatever wave you logged out on.
At the end of waves 10, 20, 30, and 33 lava will flow into the Kiln, reducing the size of the platform that the fight takes place from. There are some obstacles within the arena that can be used as safespots that protect the player from some monsters, but these will be reduced as the platform area decrease. At the start of wave 34 only the wall in the centre of the area will be available.
Waves[edit | edit source]
The interactive map below shows the layout of the arena, the monster spawn locations, and crystal spawn locations for each wave.
Lava crystals[edit | edit source]
Lava crystals will spawn at the end of certain waves. They can be consumed to give offensive and defensive buffs, though only one crystal can be in use at any time. The offensive crystals usually aren't recommended if the player possesses overloads as they will prevent the use of some abilities from the drained combat styles.
|Invulnerability||Offers invulnerability for 30 seconds. It does not work when TokHaar-Ket-Dill uses its special attack, as the damage dealt by it is typeless. Damage will still be received if the crystal is activated after a monster has already done its attack animation.||2, 14, 26|
|Restoration||Fully restores prayer points and life points.||4, 16, 28|
|Magic||Boosts Magic by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Ranged.||6, 18, 30|
|Ranged||Boosts Ranged by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Magic.||8, 20, 32|
|Strength||Boosts Strength by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Ranged, and Magic.||10, 22, 34|
|Constitution||Boosts Constitution by 50% (rounded down to the nearest hundred) for 3.5 minutes. When the Constitution crystal wears off, the user is healed to full health.||12, 24, 36|
TokHaar-Ket-Dill[edit | edit source]
One TokHaar-Ket-Dill will appear in wave 5 and 19. Six will appear in wave 28; one each to the northern corners, and two each to the southern corners. All six can be aggro'ed by standing in the middle, but because of their ability to stomp and damage the player for 1,000-1,500 hard typeless damage each time this occurs, it is sometimes better to deal with each quadrant one at a time to avoid a quick death.
Although fairly weak, they require a pickaxe to break their tough shells; without it, the player's attacks will deal no damage. Pickaxes on the tool belt work if a melee weapon is equipped.
TokHaar-Jad[edit | edit source]
TokHaar-Jad attacks using all three combat styles and has a maximum hit of 12,250, however this is negated to around 100 damage if the player uses the correct Protection Prayer to defend against his attacks.
Jad has three attacks which require prayer switching:
|Picture needed.||Melee attack||Deflect Melee
Protect from Melee
|Jad swipes at the player without warning using his right claw.|
This attack is only used if the player is within melee range,
and Jad will not move closer to the player if they attack from outside of his melee range.
|Ranged attack||Deflect Missiles
Protect from Missiles
|Jad slams down his front legs onto the ground, causing large cracks to appear in the floor,|
and a boulder will fall from the ceiling onto the player. This cannot be avoided by moving.
|Magic attack||Deflect Magic
Protect from Magic
|Jad breathes fire shortly and lowers his head before raising his front feet|
and emitting a fireball that deals Magic damage upon hitting the player.
- Use a invulnerability crystal during the Jad fight to make yourself immune from their attacks.
- An alternate method (sometimes known as "flinching") where the player quickly runs out from behind the rock, attacks, and runs behind the rock before the TokHaar-Jad can retaliate can be done if uncomfortable with prayer switching. This method takes longer, however, and it cannot be done on wave 36 (double Jad wave), since it only works on one Jad. However, keeping one Jad behind the rock allows prayer switching on the other Jad.
- One TokHaar-Jad will spawn in the south-west corner of the map on waves 10, 20 and 30. Standing on the northeast side of the safe spot in the middle of the cave will lure and trap Jad. Kill Jad first and then kill the remaining monsters.
- Another TokHaar-Jad will spawn in the southeast corner of the map on wave 34 with one TokHaar-Mej-Kot and TokHaar-Tok-Xil. Standing on the north-east side of the safe spot in the middle will lure and trap Jads.
- A TokHaar-Jad will spawn in the north-east corner of the map on wave 35 with one TokHaar-Ket-Zek, TokHaar-Mej-Kot and TokHaar-Tok-Xil. It is advised to use an invulnerability crystal right before the wave begins. Defeat it and dispose of the remaining monsters. You may also stand on the west side of the safe spot and the TokHaar-Jad will be stuck on the northeast side of the rock. This will allow you to kill the 3 other monsters before facing TokHaar-Jad if you wish to.
- Two TokHaar-Jads will spawn in the south-east and south-west on wave 36, not accompanied by any other TokHaar. With sufficient gear, an invulnerability crystal can be used to kill both Jads within its time frame.
Har-Aken[edit | edit source]
Har-Aken is the final boss of the Fight Kiln, appearing on wave 37. Har-Aken can only be defeated by killing its head, which emerges every 72 seconds for 27 seconds. Initially Har-Aken will continually deploy two tentacles; one ranged and one magic, both possessing 7,000 health. The ranged tentacles are weak to slash, while the magic ones are weak to thrown; high level weapons should not have any difficulty in damaging them. The tentacles can also attack with melee if the player is right next to them.
Har-Aken's head will first appear roughly 30 seconds after the wave starts. The head is considered to be a blocked 5x5 and possesses 150,000 health. Har-Aken is susceptible to the inquisitor staff, leech and poison. Although also susceptible to reflect damage, the head does not attack, so he is essentially immune to it. Har-Aken's head remains above lava for 30 seconds, after which he dives back down and remains that way for 72 seconds before reappearing again. The head will appear in centre east, west or south; never north. After the head reaches 0 health, the encounter ends and TokHaar-Hok will reward the player for their efforts.