|Release date||14 February 2012 (Update)|
|In spotlight rotation||No|
|Music unlocked||Tzhaar Supremacy I-III|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Entering the Fight Kiln requires having done The Elder Kiln, as well as a one-time payment of a fire cape. After this, the kiln may be played as many times as desired for the rewards - a choice of a TokHaar-Kal or an uncut onyx.
Obtaining all unique drops will unlock the title, Kal-Haar-Xil [Name].
Unlike the typical 63 waves of the Fight Cave, the Fight Kiln only has 37 waves. While there is no combat level pattern to be followed for each wave, the waves are always the same between attempts, and the monsters always spawn in the same location. All monsters in the Fight Kiln which have one of the combat styles take halved damage when not attacked with that style. (E.g. A ranged monster is weak to melee; it takes half damage from ranged and magic.) To reach the end of the minigame, players must fight a total of 7 TokHaar-Jad - who function in much the same way as the standard TzTok-Jad - before being faced with their final challenge; the gigantic Har-Aken.
There are several safespots in the Fight Kiln that can be used to lure and trap the TokHaar. Be aware, however, that the cave will slowly fill with lava, submerging the safespots and forcing the player to use the low wall in the middle of the area for luring. After waves 10, 20, 30 and 34 a cutscene will occur between you and TokHaar-Hok signalling a general change in the combat style of upcoming monsters and the rising of lava around the arena, reducing the available area; By the time the final boss fight with Har-Aken commences, only a small square-shaped piece of land will be available. After your first completion of the Fight Kiln, these cutscenes can be disabled by Right-clicking the Kiln's Entrance and selecting Toggle cutscenes to save time.
Every alternate wave will also cause lava crystals to spawn in the Kiln, which can be used to gain bonuses such as temporary invincibility or full prayer and life point restoration. Use them to the fullest to survive the waves - especially the 7 TokHaar-Jads and Har-Aken.
Unlike the Fight Cave, players are allowed to bring a familiar into the arena. Players can save their progress by logging out between waves and will be able to resume progress when logging back in.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- TokKul-Zo teleport directly to the Fight Kiln
- Fairy ring blp to TzHaar City, near the Fight Cave. Run east through the city to the Kiln.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
|Name||Level||First Wave||Count||Life points||Attack style||Max hit||Weakness||Notes|
||100||1||20||4,000||Melee||384||Water spells||By far the weakest creature in this minigame, it hardly does any damage and can be killed quickly. Using magic to kill it is recommended.|
||140||1||8||7,000||Ranged||576||Crush||Using melee to kill it is recommended.|
|547 (ranged) 547 (melee)||Crush||Using melee to kill it is recommended, and it should also be the first priority to kill in most cases (unless it is trapped).|
|Bolts||It attacks with magic and melee (when in melee range). Always stand at least a square away from one. Using ranged to kill it is recommended.|
~20% of max life points (special)
It needs to be hit with a rune pickaxe or better anywhere between 2-5 times to remove its armour. After the armour has been removed, it can be damaged. Dreadnips or a combat familiar can deal damage through the armour. It attacks with an accurate melee attack and sometimes uses a special attack that hits for consistently high damage. Luring and trapping it is recommended before trying to break its armour. Using magic to kill it is recommended. It tends to use the special attack more if you protect from melee.
Pickaxes in your tool belt will also work at chipping away at the armour, but will require a melee weapon equipped in order to do so.
|Bolts||It should be dealt with as soon as possible since it hits very accurately even when praying against its attack style. Using ranged to kill it is recommended.|
||300||17||30||9,000||Melee||2000||Water spells||It has high strength, so trapping it or using the appropriate protection prayer is recommended. Using magic to kill it is recommended. It is surprisingly weak against dreadnips.|
||180||22||5||8,000||Melee||864||Water spells||It is not as dangerous as its combat level suggests, but nevertheless it should be trapped before killing it (use Protect from Melee otherwise). Using magic to kill it is recommended.|
|12,250||Nothing||Like TzTok-Jad, it is strongly advised to switch prayers to block its attacks. Small amounts of damage (~100) will be dealt through prayer, however, so healing between prayer switches is recommended to keep life points high. It is recommended to eliminate other monsters before facing TokHaar-Jad. If that is counterproductive, make sure that other monsters do not interfere with the fight. Unlike the Fight Cave variant, they do not summon any Yt-HurKot.|
1,094 (Magic and Ranged)
Ranged tentacles: Slash
Magic tentacles: Thrown
|The final boss of the Fight Kiln, it attacks with numerous magic and ranged tentacles. It can only be defeated by killing its head, which emerges every 72 seconds for 27 seconds. The tentacles can be attacked, but the head will appear regardless. Onslaught in combination with obsidian armour and Crystal (magic) is an effective way to damage the head, but comes with risks, as Onslaught's recoil in conjunction with the tentacles' attacks can potentially kill the caster. It is crucial to wear high defence armour during Onslaught to minimise damage from tentacles, allowing Onslaught to be sustained longer on Har-Aken.|
Crystals[edit | edit source]
In some waves you can obtain lava crystals, which grant certain "power-ups" usable only in the Fight Kiln. Only one crystal can be activated at a time, so the effects cannot be combined. When a crystal is used, the appropriate stat is boosted to 150% (148 at 99) while the other combat stats are reduced to 50% (49 at 99).
It is recommended to pick up the following crystals: Invulnerability, Constitution and Restoration. Others will just occupy inventory space and are NOT needed throughout the fight.
Invulnerability crystal should be used on wave 36. One Constitution crystal is recommended to save for Har-Aken and restoration crystals are useful whenever your life points and prayers are low.
|Invulnerability||Offers complete invulnerability for 30 seconds. It does not work when TokHaar- Ket-Dill uses its special attack, as the damage dealt by it is typeless. Damage will still be received if the crystal is activated after a monster has already done its attack animation.||1, 13, 25|
|Restoration||Fully restores prayer points and life points.||3, 15, 27|
|Magic||Boosts Magic by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Ranged.||5, 17, 29|
|Ranged||Boosts Ranged by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Strength, and Magic.||7, 19, 31|
|Strength||Boosts Strength by 50% for 3.5 minutes but also significantly reduces Defence, Ranged, and Magic.||9, 21, 33|
|Constitution||Boosts Constitution by 50% (rounded down to the nearest hundred) for 3.5 minutes. The Constitution boost also enhances the Unicorn stallion's healing aura scrolls. When the Constitution crystal wears off, the user is healed to full health.||11, 23, 35|
Waves[edit | edit source]
Interactive map[edit | edit source]
Table[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Upon victory in the Fight Kiln, players are prompted to choose reward between a TokHaar cape — a TokHaar-Kal-Ket, TokHaar-Kal-Xil or TokHaar-Kal-Mej — or an uncut onyx. Players are only able to choose the cape(s) equivalent to the combat style(s) they used most during the minigame. For example, if someone primarily uses melee, they will only get a choice between a TokHaar-Kal-Ket and an onyx, but if someone uses all three combat styles in roughly equivalent amounts, they will have a choice between all three capes and an onyx. It's also possible to have a choice of two capes and an onyx if two styles were used roughly the same amount over the third style.
The TokHaar-Kal capes are some of the best in the game, possessing a damage bonus of 33 in their respective combat styles.
The kiln can be played multiple times to get all four rewards. Completing the Kiln once is also a requirement for the completionist cape. Players may also choose to trade in a set of all three TokHaar-Kal with Tzhaar-Mej-Jeh in the central plaza to receive the enhanced fire cape cosmetic override. This will destroy all three capes and is irreversible. Unlocking the enhanced fire cape override is a requirement for the master quest cape.
If a player has a full inventory while choosing a reward, or clicks away from the reward chatbox, they will be transported outside of the Fight Kiln and will have to go back in and talk to TokHaar-Hok again to claim their reward (provided at least 1 free inventory slot is available). The Fight Kiln cannot be played again until a reward is chosen.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Kiln Fighter ( 20) – Complete the Fight Kiln.
- Three's A Kiln ( 15) – Claim the enhanced fire cape override, by giving a TokHaar-Kal-Ket, TokHaar-Kal-Xil, and TokHaar-Kal-Mej cape to TzHaar-Mej-Jeh.
- First rule of fight caves ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from the TzHaar.
- Hardly a Challenge:
- Hardly a Challenge I ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/5)
- Hardly a Challenge II ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/10)
- Hardly a Challenge III ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/25)
- Hardly a Challenge IV ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/50)
- Hardly a Challenge V ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/75)
- Hardly a Challenge VI ( 5) – Defeat the Har-Aken. (X/100)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- Made a change to the Fight Kiln boss fight to make it less frustrating for high level players.
- patch 25 July 2016 (Update):
- Playing Fight Kiln with cutscenes turned off no longer deletes rewards if you have some to claim.
- ninja 18 July 2016 (Update):
- The Fight Kiln entrance now has a right-click option to toggle skipping the cutscenes.
- patch 13 June 2016 (Update):
- All monsters within the Fight Kiln have now been buffed in both lifepoints and damage. Most notable of the buffs are TokHaar-Jad from 7,900 lifepoints to 40,000 lifepoints and Har-Aken from 48,000 lifepoints to 150,000 lifepoints.
- Players can now use the ability Surge inside the Fight Kiln.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Magic and ranged creatures in the Fight Kiln are now more resistant to magic damage.
- patch 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Some mismatched texturing has been corrected on the floor of the TokHaar Fight Kiln.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Tweaked the cape information dialogue at the end of the Fight Kiln to reflect the earned capes combat style and the players' chosen combat mode.
- ninja 6 October 2014 (Update):
- The wave counter in the Fight Caves and Fight Kiln will now stay on the screen for the entire duration of the fight.
- ninja 23 June 2014 (Update):
- Players can now acquire Magic and Ranged equivalents of the TokHaar-Kal by dealing more damage during the Fight Kiln in the respective attack style of the cape desired.
- Players can hand in all three kiln capes (Melee, Ranged and Magic) for an Enhanced fire cape cosmetic override by talking to one of the TzHaar elders in the main plaza.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon completing the Fight Kiln, the following message appears in your Adventurer's Log: "I defeated many waves of TokHaar, before vanquishing the mighty Har-Aken and conquering the Fight Kiln."
- An Early bird lamp was obtained by players who reached wave 30 of the minigame within two weeks of its release.
- Completing the kiln nets 166,779 total experience with 125,402 going to combat styles and 41,377 going to Constitution.
- On 9 February 2015, Jagex added a spawn timer for the Fight Kiln in fast and slow speeds in response to player feedback due to waves spawning slowly.
- The Fight Kiln was considerably buffed after the update of 13 June 2016 due to the monsters being weaker than the Fight Cave itself. The same update also allowed players to use Surge, Escape, and Barge in the Kiln.
- A later update introduced the option to toggle off the cutscenes in the Kiln.