Feather of Ma'at
|Feather of Ma'at|
|Release||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|High alch||900 coins|
|Low alch||600 coins|
|A mystical item that allows a trapped soul to move on to the afterlife.|
|Exchange||1,654 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Feather of Ma'at is an item which is required for killing Soul devourers and Corrupted creatures within the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon. A feather is automatically consumed when any of the above monsters reaches 0 health, and may simultaneously deposit any loot received (with the notable exception of spirit gems, long bones and Key to the Crossing drops) into the Sophanem dungeon treasure chest with the option having been enabled on the chest beforehand. They may also be used to cleanse corruption stacks, in a manner similar to the Font of Elidinis, although this function is not needed in most cases.
Feathers may uncommonly be saved if the player has unlocked the Slayer feather buff by earning 141,900 Menaphos reputation. Contrary to the reward's description, one does not need to be on a Slayer assignment to save a feather.
The feathers can be obtained through the following five methods:
- The Menaphite guard outside the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon carries up to 1,000 feathers in stock.
- The Goods of Menaphos store carries up to 50 feathers in stock.
- Chests in Shifting Tombs contain 5-25 feathers.
- As a drop from The Magister, who drops 100 at a time.
- Buying them from the Grand Exchange.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Goods of Menaphos||Menaphos||1,500||Coins||50|
|Sophanem Slayer Supplies||Sophanem||1,500||Coins||1,000|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Maat is an ancient Egyptian goddess whose feather was weighed against the souls of the dead before they were allowed to pass onto the afterlife.
- The feather of Ma'at in-game is identical to the ostrich feather that appears in one depiction of the goddess.