A Feather headdress is a wearable item used in Summoning, available to wear after players have completed Wolf Whistle. It can be crafted with level 79 Crafting, using a studded leather coif and 20 coloured feathers (Red, orange, yellow, blue or stripy). Doing this yields 50 Crafting XP. Headdresses come in several colours, and require a Summoning level of 50, and ranged level of 20 to wear. Headdresses are also included in Bogrog and Pikkupstix's player stock.
Types[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 May 2009 (Update):
- Wearing a feather headdress and having a ponytail should look a bit better.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text, "It's fun to go to the O-B-E-L-I-S-K!" is a reference to the Village People. One of their members was well known for dressing up as a Native American (complete with feather headdress), and one of their most well known songs includes the phrase "It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.!"
- The chathead for a charged blue feather headdress on female characters looks completely different from the other headdresses, instead resembling an expert hat.
- Prior to an update on 4 June 2018, players could charge feather headdresses with summoning scrolls. To charge a headdress, one simply had to use the scrolls they wanted to store on it. The headdress would glow to show that it was charged. This only worked with combat-oriented scrolls. Players could remove the scrolls at any time by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Uncharge'. To check how many charges were remaining, players had to right-click the headdress and select 'Commune'. Headdresses could store up to 150 scrolls. When charged, the headband part of the headdress would change to a bright cyan colour, although the rest of it would be left unchanged.