|Release date||14 November 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Shadow of the Storm|
|Examine||Looks a bit lost.|
|NPC ID||2899, 2900|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
The group have been following Denath for years, never finding an opportunity to confront him, including narrowly missing him during his ill-fated attempt to summon Delrith. After the opening of a portal in Uzer, he led a group of dark wizards to the ruined city in order to summon Agrith Naar. Father Badden followed the wizards while Father Reen sought out the adventurer who vanquished Delrith, with the intent of slaying Agrith Naar for good. He eventually made his way to Uzer, where he learnt that his plan had actually sent Agrith Naar, who had been Denath in disguise all along, back to his home plane rather than brought him to the mortal plane to be slain. He initially refused to help take part in the ritual to bring Agrith Naar back, citing the trouble he'd get into if his order found out, but was convinced by the adventurer that he was helping rid the world of a great evil. He partook in the ritual, watching as the adventurer defeated Agrith Naar for good, then went on his way.
Father Reen is a devoted Saradominist, abiding strictly by his order's rules and stating that Saradomin's will is absolute. He is quite willing to disparage Zamorakians for engaging in behaviour similar to Saradominists, such as calling upon supernatural powers for aid, wearing robes, or isolating themselves, claiming the circumstances are different when it's pointed out that Saradominists also do all those things. He also has little compassion for Zamorakians, willing to stand by while they're in danger. He also has a fear of flying, not wanting to risk the magic failing while he's on a magic carpet. He has also written a book titled A Bestiary of Demons, which can be found in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede.
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "My partner Badden and I have been observing the dark wizard Denath, who we believe has been preparing to summon the powerful demon Agrith Naar."
- ^ Mod Mike. "Demon Flash Mobs – FAQ." 31 Jan 2013. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Father Badden, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "We've been keeping an eye on Denath for some years now, but we've never been able to move against him. He led the group that summoned Delrith, but left Varrock before we could apprehend him."
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "No! we want you to wait until Agrith Naar is summoned and then kill him once and for all!"
- ^ Player character, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Oh, don't be so simple-minded! You'll be summoning a demon in order to kill it, to rid the world of great evil!"
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "But the rules of my order say I must wear [the robes]!"
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Saradomin's rules are once and for all! It is not our place to question them!"
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "What kind of sad people would call on a supernatural being to solve their problems for them?"
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "They're so full of themselves, with their fancy robes and their rituals!"
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Anyway, there must be something wrong with the way they live in their little group and separate themselves from the rest of society. It can't be healthy."
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "What? No, that's totally different, because... um..."
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "They should have known better than to join Denath in his evil schemes!" When told Agrith Naar is killing the Zamorakian wizards
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Oh dear no, you won't get me up in one of those things! What if the magic failed?"
|Related to the Desert quest series|
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|