|Release date||14 November 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Shadow of the Storm|
|Examine||He looks very pious.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Father Badden is a Saradominist priest located in Uzer. He, alongside his partners Father Reen and Gideon Bede, were keeping an eye on Denath, a dark wizard who summons demons. They have been following him for years, never finding an opportunity to confront him, including narrowly missing him during his ill-fated attempt to summon Delrith.
When an adventurer opened a portal in Uzer, Denath led a group of dark wizards to the ruins in order to summon Agrith Naar. Father Badden followed them while Father Reen was dispatched to find the adventurer, who had previously defeated the demon Delrith. When the adventurer arrived, Father Badden instructed them to infiltrate the group with the intent of slaying Agrith Naar once and for all. The adventurer did so, causing the deaths of several of the dark wizards and sending Agrith Naar, who was disguised as Denath, back to his realm. The adventurer convinced Father Badden to partake in the summoning ritual again, which he did so in order to stop the demon.
Father Badden takes a dim view of golems, considering them to be unnatural. He believes artificial life to be against Saradomin's will. This directly contrasts historical accounts of the use of golems in Saradomin's forces, where golems were considered to be a mark of ingenuity and were used to battle demons. After the clay golem took part in defeating Agrith Naar for good, Father Badden admitted that his previous opinion of golems was wrong.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Father Reen, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "My partner Badden and I have been observing the dark wizard Denath, who we believe has been preparing to summon the powerful demon Agrith-Naar."
- ^ Mod Mike. "Demon Flash Mobs – FAQ." 31 Jan 2013. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Father Badden, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "We've been keeping an eye on Denath for some years now, but we've never been able to move against him. He led the group that summoned Delrith, but left Varrock before we could apprehend him."
- ^ Father Badden, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "The golem, yes! An abomination in the eyes of holy Saradomin! A mockery of life! Right now Denath is more important, but once he is dealt with I should find some way to destroy it."
- ^ Clay golem, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "I heard him say that Saradomin hates all artificial creatures. It was not always so. When I was new, the priests of Saradomin praised the ingenuity of the golem-builders. I paraded through the city with my siblings, all painted in bright colours, and they blessed us with holy water as we prepared for battle."
- ^ Clay golem, "The Golem", RuneScape. "No living being can destroy the demon. That is why the golems were created in the first place."
- ^ Father Badden, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "I thought golems were servants of evil, but that one helped us to slay a demon. Perhaps golems aren't so bad after all!"
|Related to the Desert quest series|
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|