|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master farmers.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Farming cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Farming skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Farming hood from Martin the Master Gardener at Draynor Village by players who have achieved level 99 in Farming.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 6.6 seconds, during which the player grows flowers and smells them. The Farming cape needs to be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Farming, the Farming cape will turn into a Farming cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Farming cape (t) has a light green trim.
Talking to Martin the Master Gardener gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Farming cape's perk provides a chance to instantly harvest all remaining resources from a crop (stacks with juju farming potion and greenfinger auras), and notes the harvested crops automatically.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Martin the Master Gardener||Draynor Village||99,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- The Farming skill cape perk now gives the correct amount of potato cactus.
- patch 8 May 2017 (Update):.
- Auto-composting with the Farming skillcape perk no longer uses up two compost per patch.
- patch 27 February 2017 (Update):
- hotfix 20 February 2017 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 151,114 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- If you click on the skillcape icon, it says you can't protect it by paying some farmer to care for it.
- When purchasing the Farming cape from Martin the Master Gardener, Martin claims that master farmers are a 'rare breed' and that not many people own the Farming cape.