|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Piscatoris Hunter area|
|Examine||It looks like it has caught something.|
|NPC ID||5094, 5095, 5095|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Gyr falcons can be rented for 500 coins from Matthias, who is found inside the falconry area of the Piscatoris Hunter area. Players with level 43 Hunter or above can rent a gyr falcon to catch spotted, dark, and dashing kebbits.
If a player wishes to use a gyr falcon, they must have the falconer's glove equipped, which will protect them from the falcon's sharp claws. Players can only remove this glove by talking to Matthias and returning the falcon.
Gyr falcons cannot be taken out of the falconry area and will automatically disappear if a player teleports out of the area while holding one.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to cosmetically override the falcon given by Matthias.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you teleport out you get the message 'As you leave, Mathias' Falcon flies back to him', but if you left it on a kebbit, you get the message a few seconds later 'Your falcon has left its prey. You see it heading toward the falconer' when you are elsewhere.
- In the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor, the falcons fought for Seren in the God Wars.
- Despite the player easily obtaining a gyr falcon in-game, the real-life gyrfalcon was often reserved only for nobility, and it would be extremely rare for a commoner to hunt with one.