The Falador Park is a large, fenced-in park found in Falador. Several gardeners maintain the plants and ponds located here. It is the entrance to the lair of the Giant Mole (which can only be killed by members), and is a key location in the members quest Wanted!, as well as the free-to-play quest Pirate's Treasure which requires the player to dig the ground at Falador Park. There is also a Treasure Trail clue scroll which leads here.
The park once was a popular location for drop parties and trading. Before the release of the Grand Exchange, Falador Park was the main trading area in World 2. Players often set prices here for items.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- Max Guild boss portal tuned to the Giant mole
- Falador Teleport and run east
- Falador lodestone and run south, then east
Farming[edit | edit source]
Falador Park has a tree farming patch for oak, willow, maple, yew, and magic trees. Like all patches, it includes a tool leprechaun, along with the hireable gardener, Heskel. Just east of the farming spot, the garden supplier can be found. She sells bagged plants, which can be planted in a Garden or Formal Garden in a player-owned house.
The Falador Mole Lair[edit | edit source]
Directly under Falador lies a lair, which contains the fearsome level 230 Giant Mole. A player can enter the mole's dungeon by clicking on the giant plant found in the western part of the park. The Giant Mole always drops mole claws and mole skins. The player can trade the claws and skins with Wyson the gardener for birds' nests, (and for White Lily Seeds with the completion of the Hard Falador Tasks).
Memorial Plaque[edit | edit source]
On 13 June 2016, heralding the end of the 10th anniversary event of the Falador Massacre, a memorial plaque was added to the park.
"In loving memory of all the citizens of Falador that died in the Falador Massacre.
14 Pentember, Year 169 of the Fifth Age"
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Wyson the gardener, sells woad leaves, and trades nests for mole skin and claws
Heskel, watches over the tree farming patch for you for a small payment
Swan, swimming in the pond
Duck, swimming in the pond
While Guthix Sleeps[edit | edit source]
Before completion of While Guthix Sleeps, six broken memorials can be found around the pond. Even free players can see this. However, they are broken to the very base and are unrecognisable. It foreshadows the events of the quest.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 November 2015 (Update):
- Statues of Cyrisus have been changed to match the updated NPC model.
- patch 19 May 2014 (Update):
- Players now only need to have done all of the Hard Falador tasks to trade in 50 white lily seeds to the gardeners in Falador park.
- patch 6 September 2011 (Update):
- Flower and tree patches in Falador Park no longer have clipping issues.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Around the time of Christmas in 2011, the ponds in Falador park were frozen and could be walked and slid over. Drakes could be found walking on the ice, but the ducks and swans are nowhere to be seen.
- If the woman above the pond is spoken to, a brief discussion occurs between the player and the women which ends with the player awkwardly walking away.