|Release||13 December 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|I can use this to destroy catapults, ballistas and barricades.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Explosive potions are found on tables in the Castle Wars equipment rooms. They can be used to instantly destroy barricades or destroy the enemy catapult. It can also be used to clear or collapse the cave walls in the underground tunnel connecting the two castles. This is a useful strategy that many players employ, since dropping the rockslide on another player instantly kills them. These potions can't be taken outside of the Castle Wars area. If a player drops an explosive potion, it will cause damage based on your maximum life points.
It is recommended that the flag runner takes a few of these as it is common for the opposing team to barricade the flag room. When the flag runner gets the opposing team's flag, they are useful to halt pursuers temporarily by collapsing the rocks in the underground tunnels.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Using an Explosive Potion on a burning barricade in Castle Wars will no longer crash the client.
- patch 16 April 2013 (Update):
- An issue with explosive potions being dropped from the action bar when assigned to a different key has been fixed.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Explosive potions can now be used on Castle Wars barricades to help destroy them.