The explorer's ring 2 is a reward from the beginner and Easy Lumbridge achievements. The ring is received from Bob in Lumbridge, and can be retrieved from him for free if lost. The ring is one of the many items which are always kept on death, in addition to the standard three items (except if in the Wilderness).
The Low-Level Alchemy screen.
- The ring can be used in the Fist of Guthix minigame to recharge the wearer's run energy. This is helpful when they need to run or attack their opponent depending on their current role (hunter or hunted) in-game.
- Players gain the normal experience for casting low Level alchemy with the ring (31 experience). Due to the fact that a nature rune is not required, the ring's Low Level Alchemy is more economical than casting high level alchemy on items with a high alch value of less than three times the current nature rune price (3*389 = 1,167). Some items can be purchased for less than the low alchemy value (e.g. steel claws), thus generating a small profit from this.
- The Great Orb Project is an excellent opportunity to gain extra runes using this ring, though level 50 Runecrafting is a requirement to get into the guild.
- The ring is extremely useful in many quests; for example, its run energy-restoring ability can be put to excellent effectiveness in The Fremennik Trials.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Examine boxes now show up correctly in the bank interface and the explorer's ring alchemy interface.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Some level 33 Defence requirements have been removed from functions on the explorer's ring.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- The "You have already used your low alchemy charges" message will no longer appear when quickly switching between the Explorer's ring and another ring.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- The explorer's ring now gives warnings if trying to cast an Alchemy spell on a high value item.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The explorer’s ring's High- and Low-level Alchemy and Superheat Item spells now use a different interface to prevent confusion while alching.
- patch 21 September 2010 (Update):
- Prevented alching of the explorer's ring.
- If a player attempts to restore their run energy when it is already at 100%, it will give a message saying "You are fully rested. You do not need to use the ring's power for the moment."
- Attempting to use the ring's low alchemy spell...
- ... on the ring itself produces the text: "The ring refuses to cast the spell on itself." This can be attempted any number of times to no avail and without the use of a charge.
- ... on your cat produces the text: "You can't do this to a defenceless cat!" This can be attempted any number of times to no avail and without the use of a charge.
- ... in free-for-all Clan Wars produces the text: "Please go somewhere else if you want to do that."
- An update on 7 October 2009 changed the number of right-click options from only one, "Operate", to a list of more specific options.
- The Explorer's rings were the only rings to provide a prayer bonus until the addition of the ring of death.