Experience-boosting sets are items which increase the experience gained in a specific skill when worn. These sets can be obtained in a number of ways. When every part of a set is worn, most sets provide a 5% experience boost. However, some sets (those consisting of five items rather than four) grant a 6% experience boost.
Some of the regular experience-boosting outfits have headgear modification add-ons which give the headgear an effect on top of the experience boost. The complete outfit does not have to be worn in order to use the effect of the modified headgear. However, each is improved if four or more outfit pieces are owned or stored with Diango.
Regular experience-boosting outfits[edit | edit source]
|Skill||Set||Boost||Obtaining and notes||Modified headgear effects|
|Agility||Nimble outfit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Archaeology||Archaeologist's outfit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Construction||Constructor's outfit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Cooking||Sous chef's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Crafting||Artisan's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Divination||Diviner's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Farming||Farmer's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Fishing||Fishing outfit||Up to 5%||
|Fletching||Fletcher's outfit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Herblore||Botanist's outfit||Up to 6%||
|Hunter||Hunter's outfit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Mining||Golden mining suit||Up to 6%||N/A|
|Prayer||First age outfit||Up to 6%|
|Runecrafting||Master runecrafter robes||Up to 5%||N/A|
|Smithing||Blacksmith's outfit||Up to 6%|
|Summoning||Shaman's outfit||Up to 6%||
|Thieving||Black Ibis outfit||Up to 5%||
|Woodcutting||Lumberjack clothing||Up to 5%||N/A|
Regular experience-boosting item sets[edit | edit source]
|Skill||Item||Boost||Obtaining and notes|
|Hunter||Enhanced yaktwee stick||2%|
|Slayer||Slayer helmet||Up to 5%||
Non-standard experience-boosting items[edit | edit source]
These items can be obtained by any member with the relevant requirements.
|Skill||Items||Boost||Obtaining and notes|
|Thieving||Trahaearn exoskeleton set||Up to 5%|
|Collector's insignia||5% for both, but only Firemaking Pyre ships and Agility course laps|
|Demon slayer equipment||Up to 14% of current Combat skill
Up to 8% Slayer
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear||Up to 5%|
|Combat||Ghost hunter equipment||Up to 10% of current Combat skill||
Elite skilling outfits[edit | edit source]
Elite skilling outfits are items which provide a range of unique bonuses for training a specific skill when worn. Additionally, each outfit provides an experience boost when training the relevant skill if the corresponding experience-boosting set is owned. The elite skilling outfits don't provide an experience boost on their own (except for the elite Dungeoneering outfits). For example, pieces of the Diviner's outfit need to be owned before the Elder divination outfits can give a boost to Divination experience.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue preventing some body and leg pieces from skilling outfits from being reclaimed.
- ninja 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Removed a message box when using the teleport option on Elite Skilling Outfits allowing you to get to your teleports much more quickly.
- ninja 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- Various existing skilling outfits, including the factory outfit and XP boosting outfits, now have set effect tooltips.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players that couldn't complete their skilling outfits can find that they'll now be able to get the required fragments if they couldn't before.
- patch 6 November 2017 (Update):
- Players can now destroy a whole elite skilling outfit set from the backpack at once.
- ninja 21 August 2017 (Update):
- When finding an elite skilling outfit fragment it will now state how many you find.
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Skilling sets can now be reclaimed from Diango after keepsaking the item.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Elite skilling outfits will now correctly give bonus XP if you log out and in.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- Fishing outfits set to consume will no longer eat big fish intended to be made into trophies.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Having a full inventory when claiming chronicles or spirit shards from upgraded skill outfit headgear no longer causes the items to drop to the floor.