Evil yew tree
|Evil yew tree|
|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location(s)||See list of possible locations|
|Examine||A tough evil tree!|
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Object ID||11916, 11917, 11918|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
An evil yew tree can be found while playing the Distractions and Diversions game Evil Tree. Spirit trees across Gielinor will give players a hint on the location of an Evil Tree if there is one sprouting. As a sapling, it can be nurtured with level 30 Farming. When the sapling grows into an Evil Tree, players must chop it with a hatchet if they have 60 Woodcutting. There is also the option of burning the tree with a tinderbox if the player has level 60 Firemaking. When killed, the tree will drop some rewards in its trunk, which players can pick up.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for that.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping at the roots earns 17.5 Woodcutting xp and chopping the tree earns 87.5 Woodcutting xp.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindlings, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of the tree. This grants 1012.5 Firemaking experience for each of the eight positions that can be lit for a potential total of 8100 Firemaking experience per evil yew tree (the Ring of fire and Flame gloves give no additional experience, and the Inferno Adze will not automatically light any kindling received).
Evil Tree Experience Nurturing Firemaking Chopping roots Chopping tree Yew 172.5 1012.5 17.5 87.5
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Experience (Farming, Firemaking, and/or Woodcutting)
- Yew logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Loop half of key
- Tooth half of key
- Clue scroll (easy)
- Tree seeds
- After the tree has been killed, the Leprechaun will bank any additional logs cut for up to 22 minutes. As of an update on 26/05/2015 the leprechaun's log-banking magic now works instantly, instead of just when the inventory is full.
- Key tokens
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yew evil trees, Elder evil trees and Dead trees appear in the Wilderness-styled levels in Armies of Gielinor as "tree"-scenery.