Essence of Finality amulet (or)
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)|
|Release||18 August 2020 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges, Split|
|An amulet fused with the power of a reaper necklace and amulet of souls. Stores a special which can then be harnessed as an ability.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Essence of Finality amulet (or) is an Essence of Finality amulet decorated with the Essence of Finality ornament kit. It has the same prayer bonus and passive effects as a normal Essence of Finality amulet, but with an additional 3 points worth of damage to all combat styles.
The ornament kit can be removed at anytime, returning the kit and amulet. Once equipped, the amulet becomes permanently untradable. The amulet degrades to a broken state after 100,000 hits of combat, and can be repaired by 50% using 1 alchemical hydrix dust.
It is considered to be the best-in-slot neckwear for PvM situations.
The amulet can be dyed to aid distinguishing it from other Essence of Finality amulets that may contain other special attacks. It can be dyed with red dye, blue dye, yellow dye, green dye, purple dye, pink dye, or black mushroom ink to make the red, blue, yellow, green, purple, pink, or black amulets, respectively. The dyes can be changed at any time, or reverted back to the base orange amulet with a cleaning cloth. Changing dye or ornament state does not affect degradation state.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|0 XP||-||0 (0s)||-|
|Essence of Finality amulet||1||335,307,527||335,307,527|
|Essence of finality ornament kit||1||83,575,524||83,575,524|
Dyeing and ornamentation[edit source]
An Essence of Finality amulet can be dyed with a basic dye (red, blue, yellow, green, or purple dye, the quest-required pink dye, or black mushroom ink) to change the colour of the amulet. Colouring an amulet retains all benefits, current charges, and the stored special attack of the amulet. The benefit of doing this (other than the cosmetic effect) is to help distinguish multiple amulets and to ensure bank presets and action bars act consistently. Any dyed amulet can be returned to an undyed, orange amulet using a cleaning cloth.
An Essence of Finality amulet (of any colour) can have a Essence of finality ornament kit applied to it to increase the damage bonuses from +56.0 to +59.0. This retains all of the other benefits and preserves the current charges and stored special attack of the amulet. The ornament kit can be removed at any time to revert the amulet, which will return the kit (the kit can then be traded as normal). Ornamental Essence of Finality amulets can also be dyed, as above.
Degradation and repair[edit source]
The Essence of Finality amulet has 100,000 charges of combat, and degrades to a broken state. Using the special attack does not consume any amulet charges. The amulet can be repaired by 50% using 1 alchemical hydrix dust (made by crushing an alchemical hydrix, giving 10 dust per alchemical hydrix). A full recharge thus costs 32,031,544 coins.
Passive effect[edit source]
- Successful hits give a 0.1% hit chance boost in all styles for 54 seconds, stacking up to 30 times (a total 3% hit chance increase). Missed hits do not count towards stacks.
- Taking the necklace off or switching it for another item will cause the hit chance buff to disappear, but switching to another Essence of Finality amulet will retain these stacks.
- Soul Split has a 50% chance to heal 25-50% more (an average of 18.75% more healing).
- The base damage reduction of Protection prayers and Deflection curses is increased by 10% (giving them 60% damage reduction).
Special attack[edit source]
The Essence of Finality amulet can store a special attack of any weapon within itself, which can be used unlimited times during combat by harnessing the Essence of Finality ability. The special attack does not consume any amulet charges.
- Players need to permanently sacrifice a weapon to store its special attack within the amulet.
- Augmented weapons can be used, but the perks won't carry over. (Equipment separators can be used to salvage expensive perk gizmos.)
- Special attack weapons don't need to be fully charged to be sacrificed. This even applies to degrade-to-dust weapons like the Statius's warhammer or Augmented superior statius's warhammer.
- Any special attack can be stored and replaced with a new special attack, but the previous weapon will not be returned.
- The damage and accuracy of the special attack are based on the player's current weapon(s), not the weapon sacrificed.
- The same style has to be used, e.g., Ranged special attacks only work while wielding ranged weapons.
- The player can own multiple amulets with multiple special attacks stored within them. Dying the amulets can help with distinguishing multiple amulets with different special attacks, and ensure bank presets and action bars function in a consistent way.
- If the player swaps an Essence of Finality amulet to a different one, the stacks/benefits provided from the initial special effect are not lost.
- If the player swaps an Essence of Finality amulet with any other type of amulet, the stacks/benefits are lost.
The benefits to using the amulet's special attack rather than using a weapon switch for PvM are:
- Provides unlimited uses of degrade-to-dust weapons like the Statius's warhammer
- Can be triggered without switching to a weapon and back (1 keystroke instead of 3)
- Allows use of powerful special attacks formerly bound to outclassed weapons as the damage of the spec is based on whatever tier of weapon you are wearing instead of what special is in the EoF.
- Saves an inventory slot
The drawbacks for using the amulet's special attack rather than using a weapon switch are:
- Weapons consumed by the amulet are permanently lost, making the special attacks of certain weapons such as the Statius's warhammer or the Seren godbow expensive to use with the amulet
- Players wishing to change the special attack stored within the amulet are required to consume another weapon, losing the existing one in the process
- The amulet's special attack cannot be used against other players in a PvP scenario
Recommended weapons[edit source]
The following are weapons that are recommended to be used with the Essence of Finality amulet. For a list of all special attack weapons in the game, see Weapon Special attack.
Please note that the special attack can only be used while wielding a weapon of the same style. For example, the Statius's warhammer's special attack, Smash, can only be used while wielding melee-classed weapons, and the Seren godbow's special attack, Crystal Rain, can only be used while wielding ranged weapons.
The following stored special attacks can only be used while wielding a ranged weapon.
The damage dealt scales with the currently wielded weapon, so the Dark bow special will deal 296-676% ability damage of the currently wielded tier-90 or tier-92 weapon.
|Seren godbow||1,918,932,761||30%||Crystal Rain which fires five arrows into the air with the first arrow always landing and dealing damage one tick before the remaining arrows. This special attack is very useful on larger enemies that take up more game squares, because it increases the chance that more arrows will hit.
|Eldritch crossbow||2,147,483,647||25%||Split Soul which causes Soul Split curse to damage the player's target for 4 times the amount of life points it would have healed, for 15 seconds.
|Decimation||73,837,434||50%||Locate which converts all of your attacks into area-of-effect attacks, by allowing all single-target abilities to hit all targets in a 3x3 area around your main target, for 10 seconds. This includes Constitution and Defence abilities, but this doesn't include Ricochet, Bombardment, Tuska's Wrath, or any spells such as Snare and Vulnerability. The effect resets the timer if you use the special attack twice before 10 seconds.
|Rune throwing axe||398||10%||Chain Hit which hits the target and bounces to up to 3 more targets nearby dealing up to 100% weapon damage. It can bounce to the original target, hitting it twice. This appears to only happen when there is a third target to bounce to; if there are only two targets in range it will not bounce back to the original target. Due to the very short cooldown and cost, it could be spammed repeatedly for reasonable amounts of area damage for its level.|
|Dark bow||657,488||65%||Descent of Darkness which fires two shots for 148-338% ability damage each, or 296-676% total.|
The following stored special attacks can only be used while wielding a melee weapon.
The damage dealt scales with the currently wielded weapon, so the Saradomin godsword special will deal 75-275% ability damage of the currently wielded tier-90 or tier-92 weapon and will heal for 50% of that value.
|Statius's warhammer||260,459,555||35%||Smash which deals 83-208% ability damage and lowers your opponent's Defence level by 30%. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's Affinity values by 5 for one minute.
|661,071||100%||Clobber which hits for up to a maximum of 70% ability damage, with its lowest possible hit being 1 damage. The special attack applies a debuff (even if it misses) that raises the affinity of the target by 3 for one minute, while lowering their defence and magic level by 10%.
|Annihilation||56,904,630||60%||Gravitate which makes all successful attacks on your opponent(s) add a stack (one stack per ability, or two stacks per Legacy Mode auto-attack), which increases your damage by 1% per stack (capping at 20%), for 30 seconds. The effect resets the timer and stacks if you use the special attack twice before 30 seconds, and the effect and stacks are cleared at the end of the 30 seconds, when an attack misses, or if you switch out your weapon.
|Saradomin godsword||7,125,355||50%||Healing Blade which deals 75-275% ability damage and heals you for 50% of the damage you deal, and restores your prayer points by 2.5% of the damage you deal.|
|Dragon claw & Off-hand dragon claw||108,648 + 237,850||50%||Slice & Dice which hits the target up to four times, dealing between 174%-340% ability damage in total. The first hit deals between 68-180% damage, with the second hit dealing between 54-80% of the first hit, with the final two hits dealing 26-40% each.
|Dragon mace||28,751||25%||Shatter, where it deals anywhere between 120% to 300% ability damage with a 25% increase in accuracy. It has no cooldown, effectively making it possible to use this four times in a row.
This is essentially an improved version of the Granite maul special attack, as it consumes less adrenaline and does more ability damage. This special attack DOES incur the Global ability cooldown, unlike the Granite Maul special attack.
|Dragon dagger||17,481||25%||Puncture which deals two quick attacks that deal 40-160% ability damage each, or 80-320% total, with increased accuracy.|
|Dragon longsword||57,974||25%||Cleave (not to be confused with the ability Cleave) which deals 50 to 360% ability damage.|
|Dragon 2h sword||130,438||60%||Powerstab which attacks all enemies in a 3x3 zone surrounding the player, dealing 20-100% ability damage.|
|Granite maul||51,767||50%||Quick Smash which is an instant attack that ignores any cooldowns, dealing 35-176% ability damage.
This is essentially a weaker version of the Dragon mace special attack, as it consumes more adrenaline and does less ability damage.
|Vesta's spear||2,221,412||50%||Spear wall which attacks all enemies in a 3x3 grid and reflecting 50% of damage taken for 5 seconds.|
The following stored special attacks can only be used while wielding a magic weapon.
The damage dealt scales with the currently wielded weapon, so the Guthix staff special will deal 140%-300% ability damage of the currently wielded tier-90 or tier-92 weapon.
|Guthix staff||80,000||25%||Claws of Guthix which deals 140%-300% (220% on average) ability damage. On a successful hit, this lowers the target's Defence level by 5% of the previous level. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's affinity values by 2; this affinity increase lasts for one minute.
|Armadyl battlestaff||33,375,065||50%||Tempest of Armadyl Five attacks are launched in quick succession against the opponent, each hitting for 18%-90% ability damage for a total of 90-450% ability damage over 2.4 seconds. It is a channelled special attack, and the attacks will stop if it is interrupted. Each hit benefits from the critical hit bonus of the channelers ring, however this special attack is only useful under the Fractured Staff of Armadyl's Special attack|
|Staff of light||2,075,612||100%||Power of Light which reduces all incoming melee damage by 50% for the next 60 seconds.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(black)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(blue)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(green)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(pink)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(purple)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(red)||N/A|
|Essence of Finality amulet (or)(yellow)||N/A|
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 23 November 2020 (Update):
- The Essence of Finality amulet and its ornate counterpart can now be dyed seven new colours using simple dyes, opening up a world of possibilities for presets, keybinds and Inventory management.
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- An issue that was causing a stalled Special Attack to trigger an attack from the Essence of Finality without meeting the requirements has been fixed.
- patch 24 August 2020 (Update):
- The Vine Whip special attack will no longer occur when switching to Magic or Ranged attack styles. It is still possible to increase the AoE radius by using appropriate Melee weapons.
- hotfix 24 August 2020 (Update):
- Players can no longer use an Essence of Finality to cast a channelled weapon special attack, then switch to another Essence of Finality with a different weapon's special attack to trigger that on the same global cooldown cycle.