Essence of Finality is a basic Constitution ability. It is usable if the player has an equipped Essence of Finality amulet or its ornamental counterpart with a stored special attack.
The ability allows the player to use the special attack of whichever weapon has been stored inside the amulet. It will still require the same amount of adrenaline as is necessary for the regular weapon. Like the Weapon Special attack ability, Revolution will not automatically trigger the Essence of Finality, and the adrenaline cost can be reduced with a ring of vigour, asylum surgeon's ring, and the Relentless perk.
The ability cannot be used in PvP situations; attempting to do so will state: This ability can't be used in PvP scenarios.
If the amulet is unequipped during a special attack that doesn't deal its damage in a single game tick, like the Dragon dagger's special attack, the special attack will not finish and only deal part of its damage while still consuming the usual amount of adrenaline required for the special attack.
The player needs appropriate ammo to use their weapon in order to use the weapon special attacks stored within the amulet. For example, the player will need ammo to use their crossbow or bow, and runes to cast spells.
Equipment-Specific Interactions[edit | edit source]
Some special attacks behave differently when certain equipment is used. The use of the Inspiration aura combined with halberd-type weaponry or mechanised chinchompas makes the aura more viable in area-of-effect (AOE) situations where the player can use the weapon special attacks more frequently due to the successful hits on area attacks granting additional adrenaline.
- Dharok's set effect can stack with other weapon special attacks for increased damage.
- Guthan's set effect can trigger with other weapon special attacks and heal the player.
- Akrisae's set effect can trigger with other weapon special attacks and restore the player's prayer.
- Torag's set effect cannot trigger due to being a pvp-only effect.
- Verac's set effect cannot trigger on a special attack.
- Halberd-type weaponry will affect the range of some AOE special attacks.
- Vine Call changes from a 3x3 AOE bleed into a 5x5 AOE bleed.
- Powerstab changes from hitting 1 square around the player into 2 squares around the player.
- Sweep changes from a 2x3 frontal double hit into a 3x3 frontal double hit.
- Spear Wall changes from hitting 1 square around the player into 2 squares around the player.
- Disrupt changes from hitting random targets 1 square around the player into 2 squares around the player. The direction of the AOE hit is random and hits up to 6-7+ targets at once.
- Karil's set effect can trigger with weapon special attacks; however, this requires the player to have bolt racks equipped to use.
- Mechanised chinchompas and Decimation's special attack, Locate, have a 3x3 AOE effect on auto attacks and abilities. A majority of special attacks will carry over this effect. In the case of Locate, Locate must either be cast from the Essence of Finality ability or by casting Locate from an equipped Decimation.
- If one activates Locate from the Essence of Finality ability, other special attacks can be used from other Essence of Finality amulets, and the effect of Locate will be retained; in addition, one can also use the special attack from the currently equipped weapon.
- If one activates Locate from an equipped Decimation, then other special attacks can be used from the Essence of Finality ability.
- Switching one's main hand/two-handed weapon while under the effect of Locate will end Locate. The use of Locate allows one to use bolts for their effects while also having the same AOE capability as mechanised chinchompas (at the cost of adrenaline for activating Locate).
- ^ Seercull will drain the magic level of all NPCs successfully hit by it.
- ^ a b Saradomin and Guthix bow special will combine the damage from all AOE hits for healing, capped at 400.
- ^ The player needs to have a target selected in order to store up damage. If the player exits combat, switches targets, or unequips their weapon/amulet, the stored damage is erased. The full amount of damage returned is randomly selected among all the NPCs hit by the AOE attack; the rest of the NPCs hit will receive damage over time of 1 each hit.
- ^ Due to the relation between the special attack and the amount healed by Soul Split, the damage dealt by Split Soul to a target depends on whether the target is a primary (or current) target or a secondary target.
- ^ Does not interact with chinchompas. Locate can be cast through the Essence of Finality ability to give the same effect as chinchompas.
- Enchanted bolts have a unique interaction with the Crystal Rain special attack inside an Essence of Finality. If the enchanted bolt activates its effect on the first arrow Crystal Rain, the rest of the four arrows also receive that effect and ignore Blood Forfeits cooldown. This means if Blood Forfeit were to activate on the first arrow, the hp to damage is scaled from the current lifepoints the first arrow hit at. This makes bosses with low health totals such as Araxxor possible to deal upwards of 75,000 damage with Crystal Rain if Erethdor's grimoire is included, even more damage can be obtained when combined with Split soul. The player takes the damage drawback of blood forfeit as they normally would since Crystal Rain only consumes one bolt. If Deathmark activates, the player receives 50% adrenaline. Life Leech will heal the player and also increase the damage of Crystal Rain.
- Despite Ahrim's set effect not triggering on abilities, it can trigger on weapon special attacks.
- If the amulet consumes a staff that provides runes of a certain element such as the mindspike or Armadyl battlestaff, the player will not receive those benefits when wearing the amulet.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- An issue that was causing a stalled Special Attack to trigger an attack from the Essence of Finality without meeting the requirements has been fixed.
- hotfix 7 September 2020 (Update):
- An issue where special attacks could be used with mismatched attack styles through the Essence of Finality amulet has been resolved.
- Adrenaline will no longer be incorrectly refunded when swapping Essence of Finality amulets.
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- The Essence of Finality ability will now appear in the Constitution Ability Book when the filter is enabled.
- Fixed a visual issue that appeared when changing attack style after using the Essence of Finality ability.
- An issue has been fixed that was allowing some weapons' special attacks to be used without spending adrenaline.
- patch 24 August 2020 (Update):
- The Vine Whip special attack will no longer occur when switching to Magic or Ranged attack styles. It is still possible to increase the AoE radius by using appropriate Melee weapons.
- hotfix 24 August 2020 (Update):
- Players can no longer use an Essence of Finality to cast a channeled weapon special attack, then switch to another Essence of Finality with a different weapon's special attack to trigger that on the same global cooldown cycle.
- If a degrade to dust weapon special attack is consumed by the amulet, and the player uses that special attack while having a degrade to dust weapon equipped, thr equipped weapon will lose 0.1% item charge.