||20 November 2012 (Update)
||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)
|Leap backwards to maintain range.
- Leap back 1 tile short of the maximum range of your ranged weapon.
- Leap 7 tiles if you don't have a ranged weapon equipped.
- (With double Escape unlocked:) This ability has a max of 2 charges.
|Infobox • Talk page
Escape is a basic Agility ability that requires level 5 Agility. The ability is found under the Ranged abilities. It does not deal damage. When used, the player dashes backwards for a number of game squares dependent on equipped weapon.
The ability shares its cooldown with Surge, meaning neither of these abilities can be used directly after each other.
When wielding a Ranged weapon, the distance travelled becomes the attack range of your weapon minus 1, for a minimum of 3 while using darts and a maximum of 8 while using a noxious longbow.
The Mobile perk will halve the cooldown of Escape, but at the cost of gaining no adrenaline from using the ability.
Upon reading the double Escape codex, Escape will gain the ability to be used twice before going on cooldown. The first charge of escape has an invisible cooldown which is the same as the ability's normal cooldown, while the second charge will put the ability on cooldown for 20 seconds (10 with the Mobile perk). If Escape is only used once within the cooldown time of the first charge, it will reset, allowing the player to escape twice without putting the ability on cooldown. The Double Escape ability is functional in the Wilderness while you are not opted in to PvP and are not skulled.
The antispam delay for double Escape can be modified at the lectern used to create the codex.
Escape cannot be used in the following areas:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 12 Dec 2022 (Update):
- To fit within the free-to-play skill cap, and to make it more accessible in general, the requirement for Dive, Escape and Surge has been lowered from 30 Agility to 5 Agility.
- Revolution now supports untargeted Agility abilities, so Escape and Surge can once again be put on a Revolution bar, if that's how you roll!
- The Escape ability is no longer hidden in the Ranged ability book when the Magic spellbook is filtered.
- patch 5 Dec 2022 (Update):
- The Escape and Surge abilities now require 30 Agility instead of 30 Ranged and Magic respectively, so that movement abilities do not require combat skills.
- patch 14 March 2022 (Update):
- The Surge, Escape and Bladed Dive abilities will no longer cause you to enter combat stance.
- Using these abilities while in combat stance will still maintain it.
- Using these abilities while adrenaline is draining will still cause you to enter combat stance.
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Escape no longer puts Surge on cooldown if under the effects of the Powerburst of Movement.
- The Escape ability no longer turns the player to face the direction they have moved.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- You can no longer use Double Surge/Escape in F2P.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- The Surge and Escape abilities will now correctly show as locked if their level requirement is not met.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Surge and Escape are now usable during the global cooldown period, similar to Bladed Dive outside of PvP areas.
- ninja 30 March 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use the Surge, Barge and Escape abilities in Barbarian Assault.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- There is no longer a delay after using Barge, Surge or Escape.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players are now able to use Barge, Surge and Escape inside God Wars hard mode instances.
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- The Surge and Escape abilities no longer share a cool down with stun abilities.