This article is about the ability. For the music track, see Escape (music)
||20 November 2012 (Update)
||20 seconds (33.33 ticks)
|Leap backwards to the maximum range of your Ranged weapon, or 7 metres if you don't have one equipped, to help maintain range from your target.
|Infobox • Talk page
Escape is a Ranged basic ability, the only one of its class that does not deal damage. The 7 metres indicated in the ability description are each equivalent to game squares tiling the world of Gielinor.
The ability shares its cooldown with Surge, meaning none of these abilities can be used directly after each other.
When wielding a Ranged weapon, the distance travelled becomes the Attack range of your weapon minus 1, for a minimum of 3 while using darts and a maximum of 8 while using a noxious longbow.
The Mobile perk will halve its cooldown, but at the cost of gaining no adrenaline.
Upon reading the double Escape codex, Escape will gain the ability to be used twice before going on cooldown. The first charge of surge has an invisible cooldown which is the same as the ability's normal cooldown, while the second charge will put the ability on cooldown for 20 seconds (10 with the Mobile perk). If Escape is only used once within the cooldown time of the first charge, it will reset, allowing the player to escape twice without putting the ability on cooldown. Double Escape is not enabled in the Wilderness.
The antispam delay for double Escape can be modified at the lectern used to create the codex.
Escape cannot be used in the following areas:
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Can no longer Escape/Surge while wearing the Goebie mask.
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Escape no longer puts Surge on cooldown if under the effects of the Powerburst of Movement.
- The Escape ability no longer turns the player to face the direction they have moved.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- You can no longer use Double Surge/Escape in F2P.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- The Surge and Escape abilities will now correctly show as locked if their level requirement is not met.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Surge and Escape are now usable during the global cooldown period, similar to Bladed Dive outside of PvP areas.
- ninja 30 March 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use the Surge, Barge and Escape abilities in Barbarian Assault.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- There is no longer a delay after using Barge, Surge or Escape.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players are now able to use Barge, Surge and Escape inside God Wars hard mode instances.