|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Teleports||Balloon transport system, Law Teleport Tablet, Abyss|
|doc • Talk page|
- Riding the boat in Port Sarim, by asking the monks on the dock. This method is free.
- The Law Altar via the Abyss in the Wilderness.
- Breaking a Law altar teleport tablet.
- The Balloon transport system.
- Using the teleport function of a Wicked hood that has been fed a law talisman, law tiara, omni-talisman or omni-tiara.
- Using an amulet of nature, after hops planted in the farming patch have become diseased.
Players cannot bring weapons or armour to Entrana as ordered by Saradomin and enforced by his monks. However, players can make equipment on the island, such as making a bow by using a Knife on any type of Logs and then stringing the bow. Players are also allowed to bring ammunition into Entrana.
Entrana can be an efficient area to create glass, as all the supplies are found on the island.
History[edit | edit source]
Eons ago after the Elder Gods shaped Gielinor, the Elder Gods had the TokHaar create a statue known as the Sleeper whose task was to warn mortals about the use of the Elder Artefacts. When the Elder Gods went to sleep the Elder God Bik apparently chose Entrana as her resting place. It is hinted that she may even be the island itself.
Many years passed until Guthix started to populate the world. Eventually, Saradomin took notice of Gielinor and decided to set foot on it. Descending on Entrana Saradomin encountered the Sleeper who gave him the warning. Saradomin didn't listen to it and submerged it in the ocean by the northwest coast silencing it.
Not much is known of Entrana's history after Saradomin arrived except that it was blessed and protected by him. During the God Wars Zamorak sent a force led by the demon Zebub to Entrana. The forces were fended off by Saradomin's followers under the leadership of Commander Zilyana.
Entrana became known as Saradomin's arrival spot and is therefore considered holy by his followers. An order of monks established a church in his honour. Following Saradomin's return and victory over Zamorak at the Battle of Lumbridge, more pilgrims choose to visit the island. 
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- The Entrana dungeon features prominently in the Lost City quest.
- The law altar is located on the north-east side of the island.
- The Enlightened Journey quest begins on Entrana. After completion, the Balloon Transport System may be used.
- There is a hops patch for the Farming skill.
- There are two spawns for planks.
- There is an altar for renewing your prayer points.
- There is a furnace located on the island as well.
Shops[edit | edit source]
Equipment on Entrana[edit | edit source]
Creating combat equipment on Entrana[edit | edit source]
Melee items: Magic secateurs cannot be carried onto the island, but can be stored with the tool leprechaun who stands next to the hops patch, west of the arrival dock. Cured yak-hides can be brought to the island to make yak-hide armour, and silver sickles can be made from silver bars by using the furnace.
Ranged items: Many Crafting and Fletching items are allowed on the island; players may use this loophole to get around the ban on weapons and armour. Leather, snakeskin, dragon leather, needles, thread, steel studs, dart tips and feathers are allowed. Additionally unstrung bows, bowstring, and arrows are permitted. High Crafting and Fletching levels are required to make some of this equipment on the island.
After completion of the Legends' Quest, 25 blessed gold bowls filled with sacred water can be brought with the binding book. Vials can be bought at the herblore shop, enchanted, and filled from the bowls, then wielded as holy water. Prayer can be restored at the altar. Thus 250 vials for combat with the greater demons in the Entrana Dungeon may be created for every trip.
Treasure Trails reward caskets may also be taken onto the island allowing the player to obtain various armour and weapons from opening them.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
There are also several monsters found under Entrana. See the Entrana Dungeon article for more details.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Most inhabitants of Entrana live within the more populated southern area of the island. A list of inhabitants on the island may be found below:
High Priest, leader of the monks and owns one of the biggest cathedrals in Gielinor
Mazion, caretaker of the Entrana sandpit
Cave monk, guards the entrance to the Entrana dungeon
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Enlightened Journey starts on this island.
- Lost City - The Dramen tree is located in this island's dungeon.
- Holy Grail - The player must speak to the high priest to find the location of the grail.
- Devious Minds - The player delivers an item to the island.
- The Hand in the Sand - The player must speak to Mazion.
- Desert Treasure - The high priest blesses the player's Silver pot.
- Heroes' Quest - The player must obtain a firebird's feather.
- Heart of Stone - The player visits the island to investigate the elder god Bik.
- One of a Kind - The player turn the "mysterious statues" towards the "Sleeper" located on Entrana.
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze - The Dramen tree is located in this island's dungeon. A branch of this tree can be ground into cinnamon, an item needed for this quest.
Music[edit | edit source]
Music tracks unlocked:
A playable organ can also be found on the second floor of the church.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A basic map of central Gielinor, including Entrana.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- Familiars, Summoning pouches and Summoning scrolls can now be taken to Entrana, so you'll no longer dismiss your meerkats when solving Treasure Trails there.
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- Players will no longer be able to enter Entrana via Balloon with banned auras active.
- Entrana's customs agents have wised up and will now reiterate the rules about auras while entering Entrana via balloon.
- Players will no longer be able to enter Entrana via Balloon with banned auras active.
- patch 18 May 2020 (Update):
- Players will no longer be able to remove items with combat stats from their toolbelts while on Entrana.
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- patch 21 March 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer acquire swamp lizards on Entrana by harvesting reeds from the farming patch.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- An Entrana equipment check has been added to the Law altar's exit portal.
- patch 27 March 2012 (Update):
- Wearing runecrafter robes no longer causes a player to get kicked from Entrana.
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- Several monks on Entrana have been updated to resemble the monk robes that players wear.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- A few items such as the hat and eyepatch couldn’t be taken to Entrana. These don't have any combat stats, so we've removed the restriction.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Entrana may be a play on the word "entrance", due to the fact that the word "Entrada" in Spanish means "entrance" in English, and the fact that Saradomin entered Gielinor through the island.
- Before the tool belt update, it was impossible to chop down any trees on the surface of the island, as all forms of hatchets were banned.
- Players cannot play Treasure Hunter on Entrana. Trying so yields the message "You cannot play Treasure Hunter here."
- When attempting to use the amulet of nature to teleport to Entrana with banned items, it will tell you: "Francis would not be pleased if I allowed you onto Entrana with those items." This was not always so.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- It was previously possible to smuggle weapons and armour to Entrana by dropping them on an outcropping in Port Sarim and casting Telekinetic Grab, but Jagex made this impossible by removing the outcropping, making it out of range.
- Players were able to board the boat while wearing a TokHaar-Kal shortly after it was released, but a monk would immediately appear and knock the player unconscious. This has been fixed.
- It used to be possible to smuggle weapons and armour onto Entrana by opening Treasure Trail caskets there. This was fixed however, and attempting to do so results in a message in the chatbox saying "You cannot open a casket on Entrana."
- On RuneScape Classic you were able to bring a scythe onto Entrana. This has now been fixed.
- It used to be possible to smuggle any pickaxe onto Entrana using the toolbelt, then removing it after reaching the island. This has been fixed.
- Having exactly two allowed items equipped while attempted to travel to Entrana causes the monks to forbid you due to "combat auras" not being allowed, even if not wearing any aura at all.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]