Enter the Abyss
|Enter the Abyss|
|Release date||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Enter the Abyss is a miniquest during which the player helps the Zamorakians access the rune essence mines so that they can craft their own runes. Previously it had been a Saradominist secret, but the Mage of Zamorak asks for the player's help in learning it.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Mage of Zamorak at the end of the River Lum in the Wilderness (Roams levels 4-7).|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting off[edit | edit source]
- Follow the River Lum near Edgeville until you reach the Mage of Zamorak; he wanders around level 4-7 Wilderness. Talk to him and he will explain to you that it is too dangerous to talk in the Wilderness. He wants you to meet him back at Varrock. Note that he will not talk to you if you are wearing Saradomin or Guthix items.
- Head to Varrock and find him located at the Zamorak Chaos Temple (south-east of Aubury's Rune Shop). Talk to him there and then ask him where he gets his runes from when the question is available. He will tell you about the Abyss and that he is having problems. Say that you will help him.
Getting the readings[edit | edit source]
- He will then give you a scrying orb. He will explain that you need to travel to the Rune Essence mine from three different locations with the orb in your inventory (excluding Burthorpe). This will give the scrying orb readings of where you travelled from and how you got there.
- Travel to the rune essence mines from three of the five locations.
- When you are done, go back to the Chaos Temple in Varrock. Speak to the Mage of Zamorak and he will tell you to speak with him again in a short while.
- Speak to him again and he will give you 1,000 Runecrafting experience, an Abyssal book and a small pouch. You have completed the miniquest!
- If you are wearing any Saradomin or Guthix equipment, he will tell you to take it off before speaking to him, because it is disrespecting the "holy place".
- You can now be teleported to the Abyss upon request. To travel there speak to the Mage in the Wilderness by the River Lum as you did in the beginning or right-click "Teleport".
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Ability to enter the Abyss
- 1,000 experience
- A Small pouch (able to carry 3 pure essence or rune essence)
- Abyssal book
- Music unlocked
- Into the Abyss (When entering Abyss for the first time after quest)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Enter the Abyss (miniquest) ( 10) – Complete this Intermediate miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Enter the Abyss is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Void Dance
- Aftermath (miniquest)
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kennith's Concerns
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Salt in the Wound
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Slug Menace
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Enter the Abyss|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]