Enhanced yaktwee stick
|Enhanced yaktwee stick|
|Release||24 April 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Enhanced Yaktwee sticks are used to transmute charm sprites into charm slices. You will have to talk to Yaktwee with a normal Yaktwee stick to gain another one.|
|Backpack||Wield, Check statistics, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|An improved tool used to hunt charm sprites.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
An enhanced yaktwee stick is an upgraded version of the yaktwee stick, and is obtained by catching a total of 1,000 charm sprites with the yaktwee stick equipped and talking to Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta. When wielded, it increases the chance to get the rarer charm sprites by 20% as well as giving 2% extra experience in any Hunter activity, as long as the activity allows the stick to be wielded.
The boost works for the Big Chinchompa Distraction and Diversion also, so a good tactic is to have the protea flower equipped until you want to dump your moths, at which point you should equip the enhanced yaktwee stick. This boost will stack with bonus experience. Upgrading the yaktwee stick completes the Yaktwee's a Charm achievement and is a requirement for the completionist cape. Checking this achievement in the Hero interface or right clicking it and selecting "check upgrade count" will tell you your progress.
If the enhanced yaktwee stick is lost, one can return to Yaktwee and buy a regular yaktwee stick and then talk to him about upgrading to recover it. If the stick is equipped during the upgrade it has to be re-equipped for the XP bonus to apply.
It is possible to obtain another enhanced yaktwee stick by talking to Yaktwee with a regular stick even if you already have an enhanced yaktwee stick in your inventory.
It is also used in a master clue scroll as an emote item.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
9 January 2023 (
- This item is now always kept upon death outside the Wilderness.
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Enhanced Yaktwee stick 5% XP boost has been lowered to a 2% XP boost.
- Enhanced Yaktwee stick 5% chance of extra sprites has been increased to 20%.
- Enhanced Yaktwee stick can now be worn while barehanded catching butterflies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the stated Hunter requirement to wield the stick is level 72, the practical level is 73. This is because hunting 1,000 unboostable charm sprites yields at least 130,000 experience; this is enough to level the player up from 72 to 73 (93,638 experience). Additionally, it's plausible that enough tranart and slithtils would emerge from the bushes to fulfil the remaining 67,021 experience (grand total of 197,021 between 72 and 74) during the hunting, thus levelling the player up to level 74.
- Prior to 8 July 2019 the stick gave a 5% Hunter experience boost and a 5% chance to get extra charm sprites.