|Release||10 February 2009 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can retrieve the Enhanced Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake for 500 coins.|
|High alch||120 coins|
|Low alch||80 coins|
|This used to belong to King Arthur and has since been improved to be held in the off-hand.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Enhanced Excalibur is an upgraded version of Excalibur that may be unlocked upon completion of the hard Seers' Village achievements. Players must either bring an excalibur to the Lady of the Lake to enhance or may purchase one directly.
It has tier 72 damage and tier 70 accuracy, and is the closest equivalent to an off-hand abyssal whip. It is the second best non-degradable off-hand for melee (after Jessika's sword) and a large step up from dragon off-hands. It is also known for its healing ability which can be activated by right-clicking it while it is in inventory or equipped. This effect is doubled upon completion of the elite Seers' Village achievements. The healing ability has a recharge time of 5 minutes. This cooldown is shared with Rejuvenate, Guthix's blessing, and Ice Asylum.
If the item is lost, a replacement can be retrieved from the Lady of the Lake in Taverley for 500 coins. Due to the cheap cost of replacing, this weapon can be a good choice for augmenting and dismantling for Invention experience.
Multiple Enhanced Excaliburs may be obtained by purchasing normal excaliburs, using the drop trick, then upgrading them. The player must not posses an enhanced excalibur to purchase either variant.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special effect[edit | edit source]
|Version||Life points healed||Reward from|
|Standard||None||Merlin's Crystal quest|
|Enhanced||4% of max life points 5 times over a period of 20 seconds, resulting in a total of 20% of max life points healed.||Seers' Village hard achievements|
|Elite enhanced||4% of max life points 10 times over a period of 40 seconds, resulting in a total of 40% of max life points healed.||Seers' Village elite achievements|
By activating the Enhanced Excalibur, the player is healed for 4% of their maximum life points (396 at level 99) every 4 seconds for 20 seconds, or for 40 seconds if the elite Seers' Village achievements are completed. Defence also receives a 15% boost. The amount healed does increase if the player has effects that boost their maximum life points, such as a bonfire boost or the warmth from using the thermal spring in Oo'glog. This activation shares a 5 minute cooldown with Guthix's Blessing, Rejuvenate, and Ice Asylum. This ability does not use adrenaline, not even the 10% drained by eating food while in combat, which makes it superior over the aforementioned abilities for healing only the player. If the user changes worlds or logs out then back in again, they may use Enhanced Excalibur's special ability again in five seconds after switching worlds or logging in.
Equipping Excalibur is not required to activate its ability; one may simply right-click it from the inventory. Additionally, unequipping Excalibur will not end the healing effect early if it was activated while wielded.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 8 May 2017 (Update):
- The animation when using the Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur special attacks has been updated.
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- The 'Activate' option on Enhanced Excalibur has been moved below the 'Wield' option.
- ninja 23 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can now activate Excalibur and Enhanced Excalibur from their inventories.
- update 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Enchanted Excalibur has been graphically updated, and is now protected on death.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- The Enhanced Excalibur special attack no longer persists in duels where the option is disabled.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The enhanced Excalibur has been restatted to be a level 72 off-hand weapon.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- A reference to the enchanted Excalibur's old special attack has been removed.
- The Achievement Diary reward no longer states the wrong properties of the enchanted Excalibur.
- patch 30 April 2012 (Update):
- The wield position of enhanced Excalibur has been altered to line up with auras.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Playing the Werewolf emote alongside Excalibur's special attack no longer turns the player invisible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Between the release of the Evolution of Combat and that of Legacy mode, its special was instead turned into a passive effect that had a chance to heal 1% of the user's current life points for the enhanced version, or 2% for the elite version.
- According to the actual legend, this sword could only be used to its full potential when wielded by King Arthur and was capable of killing even the dead.
- Previously, Seers' headband 3 had to be equipped in order to get this item enhanced.
- Previously, the player had to equip the sword to use its special.
- Rejuvenate which shares a cooldown with it would display Enhanced Excalibur on its cooldown debuff, even on free-to-play worlds.
Off-hand slash weapons
|Dyed off-hand drygore longswords|