An engraved sarcophagus can be found in the eighth, final chamber of Pyramid Plunder. With level 91 Thieving and Runecrafting it can be open to gain Runecrafting experience. There is chance of spawning a mummy while doing so. Once opened it can be searched; this gives a chance of obtaining a jewelled diamond statuette, pharaoh's sceptre, sceptre of the gods, or a piece of the black ibis outfit.
Drop rates estimated based on 183 opened from the Drop Log Project, unless otherwise cited.
- ^ * 1/480 with the Thieving outfit OR tier 3 luck ring (Ring of Fortune or above)
- 1/313 when the Winter weekend is active (This number technically is 312.5 but has to be rounded up)
- 1/188 when the Winter weekend is active and with a tier 3 luck ring (Ring of Fortune or above) OR Thieving outfit
- ^ 1/1000 base chance. Only rolls when no mummy spawns. The chance improves in higher rooms. Tier 2 luck (Ring of Wealth) or higher further improves the chance.
- Room Service ( 25) – Open the sarcophagus in the final room of Pyramid Plunder.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 20 August 2013 (Update):
- Looting the engraved sarcophagus and secret urns in rooms 7 and 8 of Pyramid Plunder will now count towards daily challenges.