|Release||17 March 2014 (Update)|
|Quest item||Mahjarrat Memories|
|Destroy||You can recover the engrammeter from Kharshai. You can also reclaim it from the quest storage chest.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A device which can be used to recover the memories of Mahjarrat from the environment.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The engrammeter is an item given to the player by Kharshai in Mahjarrat Memories to collect the memories of certain Mahjarrat. It starts out depleted but can be charged using 500 divine memories of vibrant or higher. When players ask about the engrammeter, Kharshai will admit that it is the strange chest that held his memory gem from Koschei's Troubles, recycled so that it can contain other memories.
After the player brings all 15 memories to Kharshai, he will state that the engrammeter might be useful on Freneskae if the player is ever able to go there. Operating a fully charged engrammeter on Freneskae will cause it to become a distorted engrammeter, which provides a 15% reduction to lightning damage in Freneskae and a one-time reward of 25,000 Divination experience.
If lost, it can be re-obtained from Kharshai or at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 August 2014 (Update):
- The engrammeter, used in Mahjarrat Memories, may now be charged with Elder memories.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Trying to operate the charged engrammeter at Port Khazard or the Fight Arena will not give you the usual message when there is no memory to be found, but instead your character will say "Nothing here. Khazard must be too young to have left a memory." Likewise, using it at Zamorak's camp from the Battle of Lumbridge will produce "Nothing here. It must not work on gods or half-Mahjarrat."
- The engrammeter can only hold up to 500 memories. Nor can it be recharged after use until the memory it found has been delivered to Kharshai.
- The engrammeter can only be converted to a distorted engrammeter in the area of Freneskae visited during Fate of the Gods. Trying to look for a memory in the area of Freneskae visited during Children of Mah will yield a message stating that the engrammeter is unable to detect anything.