|Release||20 August 2013 (Update)|
|Actions||• Convert memories|
|Examine||• The crater shows damage to Gielinor. Memories can be donated here to repair it in exchange for Divination experience or divine energy.• The structure of this cavern seems to funnel anima from the surface into this energy rift. • Something strange is happening to this rift! It can still be used to convert memories, but you feel a strange power calling you inside... (when a Guthixian cache is active)|
|Object ID||2342, 87306|
|doc • Talk page|
Energy rifts are rips in the integrity of the earth of Gielinor. They play a vital part of training the Divination skill. At an energy rift, a player may deposit various memories from harvesting the different kinds of wisps and springs, in exchange for divination experience. There is an energy rift present at every wisp colony. There is also a rift in the starting room of every dungeon in Daemonheim. According to their examine, depositing energy and memories will help restore the damage done to Gielinor. An energy rift is also found in the Elder Halls on Freneskae.
Configuration[edit | edit source]
Players have three different choices on how to configure the energy rift's memory conversion:
- Transmute memories into varying amounts of energies,
- Convert memories into Divination experience, while keeping energies, or
- Convert both memories and energies of the same type for increased experience.
Depositing only memories is the choice done for general training while still keeping energy for making special objects, but depositing memories along with energy is the method of choice for those who want optimal experience without other items or for those who don't care for items or profit.
If the player has chosen to convert both energy and memories into experience, and their energy runs out, the rift would continue to convert memories into experience without warning. When converting both into experience, enriched memories will be prioritised. When converting memories only, normal memories will be prioritised. Different tiers of memories can be converted in the same energy rift. The normal memories will be converted to experience by order in the inventory regardless of tier, although enriched memories follow the rules above.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Level||Wisp type||Map||Location||Experience (Enriched)|
|Harvest||Convert Memory||Convert with Energy|
|West of Lumbridge crater near the Divination camp.||1||3||N/A||3.7||N/A|
|North of Falador, near the Guthix memorial site, and Standing Stones.||2 (4)||4 (8)||4.4 (8.8)||5 (10)||5.5 (11)|
|Between Varrock and the Varrock Dig Site.||3 (6)||5 (10)||5.5 (11)||6.2 (12.4)||6.8 (13.6)|
|South-east of Seers' Village; just south of the flax field.
Best travel option: Use the Seers' Village Lodestone and then travel south-east or travel north from fairy ring code BLR.
|4 (8)||7 (14)||7.7 (15.4)||8.7 (17.4)||9.5 (19.1)|
|South-east of Rellekka, near the Golden apple tree.||5 (10)||12 (24)||13.2 (26.4)||15 (30)||16.5 (33)|
|In the centre of the Karamja jungle, north-east of Shilo Village.
Best travel option: Getting to the Nature Altar using either Nature tabs or the Wicked hood. Teleport to the Karamja Lodestone and travel south-east. Also, the Spirit graahk can be used for quick travel.
|6 (12)||19 (38)||20.9 (41.8)||23.7 (47.4)||26 (52.1)|
|West of Oo'glog||7 (14)||25 (50)||27.5 (55)||31.2 (62.5)||34.3 (68.7)|
|North of Canifis, just to the east of the Slayer Tower.
Best travel option: Use a ring of slaying to teleport in front of the Slayer Tower and head east. Alternatives are the Mask of the Abyss/Helm of Warping which has the option to teleport to Markus. Teleport to the Canifis Lodestone and travel north-west.
|8 (16)||32 (64)||35.2 (70.4)||40 (80)||44 (88)|
|In the Elder Halls upon completion of the Fate of the Gods quest.
Teleport to the Eagles' Peak Lodestone and travel south along the mountains to the World Gate.
|8.5 (17)||33.5 (67)||36.8 (73.7)||41.8 (83.6)||45.9 (92)|
|East of the Mage Training Arena.
Best travel option: Use the fairy ring code BIP, then run south.
|9 (18)||35 (70)||38.5 (77)||43.7 (87.4)||48 (96.1)|
|On Dragontooth Island.
Best travel option: Hoardstalker ring (the Dungeoneering cape can be used in place of the hoardstalker ring) from the Sinkholes D&D. The quest One of a Kind must be complete to access the resource dungeon. From the teleport arrival location, run north.
Alternative: Travel to Port Phasmatys and then travel via the ghost captain. A Ghostspeak amulet or Cramulet is required to understand the captain, except for players who have completed hard Morytania achievements.
Alternative: Set a skill portal in the Max Guild to teleport directly to the divination colony.
|10 (20)||38 (76)||41.8 (83.6)||47.5 (95)||52.2 (104.5)|
Best travel option: Break a Sophanem Slayer Dungeon teleport tablet then walk south.
Alternative: Teleport to Menaphos lodestone and talk to Coenus to travel across the bridge, then walk south (Requires Contact!). Alternatively teleport to Jalsavrah in Sophanem with the Pharaoh's sceptre or Sceptre of the gods and run the rest of the way.
|11 (22)||42 (84)||46.2 (92.4)||52.5 (105)||57.7 (115.5)|
|South of the Poison Waste.
Best travel option: Use the Spirit tree to the Poison Waste, run south and use the grapple option with crossbow, and then run west.
Alternative: Use the fairy ring code BKP to get to the south of Castle Wars and then run past the bridge on the west.
|12 (24)||45 (90)||49.5 (99)||56.2 (112.4)||61.8 (123.6)|
- ^ Each time a player harvests a wisp they may gain energy or energy and a memory; harvest experience is earned even if the player collects no memory.
Guthixian Cache[edit | edit source]
Every hour, an announcement will appear saying that a Guthixian Cache has opened. Energy rifts (excluding the Energy rift near the Pale wisp colony) for the next 10 minutes will have a new temporary option when right-clicked displaying "Enter cache", as well as the rift changing colour. Entering the cache will begin the Guthixian Cache Distraction and Diversion.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Divination skill changes
- Wisps will now only wander up to five tiles away from the rift, which should make this particular aspect of training the skill a bit more AFK-able.
- Memory Overflow is another opportunity to get some social time in while you skill. It's a brand-new buff that triggers when you and a few other players contribute Chronicle fragments to a regular energy rift until it overloads, at which point you'll gain the following effects:
- +1 base energy from deposited Memories
- 5% more XP from deposited Memories
- 10% higher critical chance when siphoning from nearby springs
- Spawns an Enriched Wisp which boosts your crit rating by 100%. This mechanic replaces Enriched Wisps spawning every 20 minutes.
- Divination skill changes
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- A graphical issue which made it seem that players could configure the energy rift to select multiple conversion options has now been fixed.
- Added missing blocking to the leaning pillar to the south of Sophanem's Divination colony.
- ninja 21 May 2018 (Update):
- Players can now configure the left click option of Divination rifts to choose the convert to xp/wisps option. If the player has completed the divination tutorial, the current convert option will flash in the configure selection screen.
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Dropping certain items around energy rifts will no longer cause them to float.
- ninja 17 March 2014 (Update):
- Divination energy rifts can now be right-clicked to quickly access the memory converting options.
- patch 27 January 2014 (Update):
- Hotkeys can once again be used in the Divination energy rift interface.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- The memory conversion keybinds on the Divination interface now work while divining in Daemonheim.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Rifts / sources|